Chapter 29: I'm Just A Baby

Andrew's pov:

"I always knew who the Santa was", she said, making my heart bounce.

"Huh?"

"You know I'm not so stupid, Billy", she squinted at me, making me look the shinning lights of the city. I avoided her focused gaze on me.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is- you're the Santa, Billy. But how did you know that I wanted that?"

"I just know".

"You know really"

She placed her head on my shoulder and I looked down on my foot. She's sitting cross legged while I'm sitting putting my hands on my knee. I blush.

"So-- like you know then, did you like it?"

"Indeed. But did you recieve what you want to have?"

"Not yet. That thing is hard to get".

"Hard to get?", She laughed off the sentence. "You can get whatever you want. No matter how much precious it's. You're so so rich, Billy".

"That thing can't be bought. That's precious as hell".

"And what is it?"

You.

"Nothing", I chuckled, looking down. She kept asking me who it was. But I didn't reply. I'd be so lucky if I get this girl in my life. But I know. A guy like me can only hurt her by promising her things. So, I don't wanna get you, Andrea Handerson.

Andrea's pov:

We were watching TV in the living room. That's the best day I'm ever having.  The evening has passed. We both laughed watching the show on Netflix, eating popcorn.

"Can you bring some hot coffee?", Kavinsky asked. I nodded as I kept the bowl on the table and went towards the kitchen. I started making coffee when I heard a doorbell.

I focused on doing my work. The door opened and from the kitchen's door I saw him standing up with a shocking expression. I stepped forward and stopped at the door frame. I'm shocked too.

Not again his dad. He smirked at Kavinsky whose head is lowered. Huh! His dad started taking with him. Maybe there would be no problems. I went back to making the coffee again.

"BASTARD!", His dad yelled making me shudder. I quickly went and stood by him. His eyes widened seeing me.

Andrew's POV:

The door opened and for a moment, I was completely shocked seeing him here. My dad. What he's doing here again?

He paced towards me. "Son. Glad to see you again huh?"

"Yeah dad. We haven't still found Rex-"

"Bastard!", He yelled loud enough to make a glass break.

I was just looking down at my feet when I noticed Andrea stood beside me. My eyes bug out. I tucked her arm. "Go, Andrea".

"NO. Not today, Kavinsky", she said as she glared at him. Oh god!

"So, the slut again huh? Such a fucking bitch she's"

"For your kind of information, I'm not a slut. And, stop saying such things otherwise it won't be good for you".

"Andrea-"

Dad laughed. "I see you have the guts to stand against me. But, you think this man is strong as hell? He's just a fucking mouse", he put out his stick and was going to hit me when Andrea clutched that stick, preventing him to hit me.

"Huh? You bitch!", He said as he pulled his stick from her hand. She's hurt. Her palm!

"You can't hit him as long as I'm here"

"Fuck off!", He shouted as he lifted the stick again but Andrea snatched it from him and broke it with her right knee. What?

"Can't you hear what I said? YOU CAN'T HURT HIM!", She paused. "If he's not strong, I'll be his strength".

Dad kept staring at her with a blank expression. You know the silence before thunderstorm? It was like that only. But then only he started to laugh hard and patted my shoulder. I looked at Andrea who's all puzzled as she frowned her eyes.

"Yeah! Not a whore tho. She's good ha? Hahaha. I'll be back. Take care untill then", he said and left, laughing.

Andrea left a deep breathe. She looked at me with her doe eyes. "Are you okay?"

I came out of my thoughts. "fuck- are you okay?", I asked, holding her palm which is bruised. But her knee must be hurting so bad.

"I'm okay-"

"NO YOU'RE NOT! Who told you to do so huh?

'But I was trying to-"

"No! Please!", I shouted. "Don't do something for me. Actually, I think you just want to show off. Nothing else. That you're strong and I'm not and all-", I scoffed. I looked at her teary eyes and instant regret.

"Yeah, I show off. FINE!", She rubbed her eyes. "I'm going and this is the last time I'm talking with you".

With that, she ran to her little storage room where she used to live before. "Hey? Where you going?"

"I DON'T LIVE IN THAT SHITTY ROOM", She snapped back and slammed the door.

Urgh God!

Andrea's pov:

Show off? Only if you could understand. I don't like seeing you getting hurt. I just can't tolerate it. I sobbed and buried my head on my knee. How could he say something like that? I show off-

The door opened and I don't know how the hell it did. I frowned my brows as soon as I saw him. He slowly tiptoed towards me and sat by my side. I wiped my tears and looked away.

"Vivi-"

"Stop right there. Please do not call me by that. I hate-"

"Stop right there. Don't say it, please. It'll hurt me more than my dad's stick", he said softly as he came closer me and cuddled me. I snuggled into his arms and again I let my tears fell down from my eyes. He's so warm and I freeze all the time.

"Vivi, I'm sorry that I said that. I didn't mean that. I just don't want you get hurt for me. For me"

"I'd like to get hurt for you. And, it wasn't show off when I saved you from thousands of moving bullets in Rex's mansion. It was an unknown energy inside me which makes me want to save you from all the huge waves".

"Thanks. I know I'm not strong. I- I'm just a small pebble on the seashore. But, Vivi..", he stared into my soul and gently wiped my tears with his thumb. "You're my beach who carries me, who cares for me and who does to fail to save me from the tidal waves and I'm so thankful for it".

"Nice dialogues tho", I chuckled with my wet lashes. He smiled. "Please don't ever say something like this to me. Never. I don't show off, Billy. I want to save you cause I'm your beach or bitch too"

"You're just a baby", he cupped my cheeks. I glared at him closing my eyes partly.

"I'm not a baby".

"You are my baby"

And then he kissed my forehead.