8. Fine, I'll Do It Myself

With each passing minute, the full moon rose higher in the night sky, its light shining brightly on the world below. On the moonlit road, a man speeds to his destination, the engine motorcycle roaring in the night. A bike he could never part with for it was given to him by a dear friend whom he lost. 

His heart pounds in his chest, adrenaline coursing through his veins. Black leather gloves with carbon fiber knuckles covered his hands. He wore black jeans, a charcoal grey fitted t-shirt, and his favorite black leather jacket. On his person, he had a grenade belt equipped with both grenades and stun bombs secured to his waist. Concealed underneath his jacket, an M16 rifle sat comfortably against his chest. He also had a duffle bag he'd slung across his back – its contents: more guns. Each gun loaded with bullets that had been soaking in Belladonna and Yew.

Pulling up to a farmhouse, he hops off his bike, putting the kickstand down with his foot. Retrieving a shotgun, he heads toward the farmhouse – Long determined strides, boots crunching against the ground. At the door of the farmhouse, a man runs out - Having heard the sound of his bike pulling up. The man growls threateningly, running toward him with yellow glowing eyes.

Not giving him the chance to transform fully, the man lifts the shotgun, taking aim, pulling the trigger immediately. The Lycan's body flies back, the rounds hitting him in his stomach. The beast lets out a choked growl, watching as his shooter approaches him. Hardly sparing the Lycan a glance, the man fires another shot at him, this time aiming for the head.

He continues toward the farmhouse – This time, a fully transformed Lycan exiting. Not deterred by the sight of the creature before him, he fires off two consecutive shots at the large wolf creature. The wolf drops to the ground – Motionless.

Finally able to enter the farmhouse, the man takes down two more large wolves who'd approached him. He enters the first room on his left, coming upon three men sitting around a table. Pulling out a stun bomb, he throws it to the center of the room, backing out the door and leaning against the wall. Once the bang goes off, he reenters the room, firing off shots at the blinded Lycans. Once all are dead, he goes to move on to the next room. As soon as he turns to leave, a wolf barrels into him, knocking him over – Sending the shotgun flying out of his hand. However, the man recovers quickly, hands going to the assault rifle across his chest. He empties an entire round into the wolf that was about to run at him, sending it crashing lifelessly to the floor. Getting up he moves on, exiting the room. The next room he checks is empty.

Entering the third and final room, he sees a man hanging by his hands from a steel beam – Allister Berlin, he recognizes. Walking to him, he checks for a pulse. Finding none, he moves to exit the room. Walking outside, he looks between the forest and the cornfield, wondering which to go into.

Hearing a wolf's cry fill the night, he gets his answer.

~

ARROW BERLIN

"So. you like to play games, hunter? You like to play mind games, hmm? You think you're smart like that, eh? Manipulative little bitch." Wendell shouts angrily, his hand tightening around Arrow's neck – Coming dangerously close to cutting off her oxygen supply. "Think you could manipulate my son!" He says, glancing at JT, who was still holding his hands against his wound.

"Make yourself useful, boy, and bring me the other hunter." He orders sternly. JT does as told, returning with a struggling Kendrick. "LET'S NOT WASTE THE MOON BOYS!" Wendell shouts, three men, exiting the house, coming up behind him.

"Run, hunters. Run." Wendell says to them menacingly as he starts to transform before their eyes. Without hesitation, Arrow grabs JT's hand, running into the cornfield. They use the pathways between the corns, sprinting through the field. They take random turns, having no idea where to go or which way was best. This was not a fair hunt in the slightest. Four howls chorus in the night, letting them know the Lycans were coming.