47. Heating up

ARROW BERLIN

On the outskirts of Tares sits a lovely two-story home, secluded and partially bordered by lush forest trees. The circular stone paved driveway and the shrubbery that scales the outside walls of the home add to its beauty and character.  The interior of the home is truly a sight to behold with hardwood floors, massive chandeliers, and a grand staircase with handcrafted banister and decorative balustrades. Besides the main rooms one would expect, the house also holds a grand library that leads the way to a hidden room behind one of its vast shelves. 

Large French windows allow the spaces to be filled with natural light while offering breathtaking views of the land around it - A park-like setting with all the forestry and garden beds of flowers and vegetation. And to the back of the home, a lagoon-style pool and a garden conservatory accessed through sliding French wood doors.  The house was perfect for Arrow Berlin, a hundred times better than the homes she looked at in the city. She'd moved in as soon as the papers were signed, claiming the house and the land around it. 

Though she doubted she'd run into any trouble, Arrow still converted the hidden room to a weapons room, adding a security system to the home. In the room, her guns and knives were mounted on the wall, her mom's compound bow sitting on a display in the center. She'd taken it from the storage locker along with the deeds she and Ezra found. 

Arrow had plans to look into the locations but work at the organization kept her preoccupied. Ezra had volunteered but was subsequently called out to assist his father with some serious matter. Although she was curious and wanted answers, Arrow decided that the mystery could wait until she had things under control at the organization.

~

A call from an unfamiliar number interrupts Arrow in the middle of unpacking. She stares at the ringing phone for a couple of seconds before answering with a simple "Hello?"

"It's Nicholas. Your uncle gave me your number. We have a problem. Wyatt Conner is dead. You should come down to the organization." He says to her ending the call immediately after he'd spoken.

"Wh-" Arrow mutters out staring at her phone in confusion and annoyance. Letting out a groan of frustration, she heads to her bedroom. "Just one day to myself, no drama. Is that too much to ask?" She mumbles out loud.

~

Walking into the organization Arrow could immediately feel the tense atmosphere. As she moved through the halls she could feel the stares on her back, a faint whisper just barely reaching her ears.

Seeing Nicholas ahead of her, she calls out to him getting his attention. "What the hell is going on?" She asks softly. Grabbing her arm, Nicholas pulls her to the side of the hall, "Someone killed Wyatt with our poison and we have no idea who. Security camera footage of the room was erased, the ones in the halls pick up nothing. We've been breached."

"Any suspects?"

"Fingers are being pointed in every direction. Even ours. Especially yours."

"Especially me?! Great." Arrow replies with a huff. "What's my uncle doing about it?"

"He..."

"He what?" Arrow prompts impatiently.

"Go see yourself. Find me in the armory when you're done." Nicholas replies, walking away before Arrow could protest.

Taking his suggestion, Arrow heads to Elmann's office, knocking twice on his door. Instead of a reply, she hears a loud crash from within the room. At the sound, she flings open the door, only just ducking in time to avoid being hit by a laptop - The device shattering against the wall and onto the floor.