37. We Need To Discuss This

JENSEN CARTER

"We need to discuss this," Dalton says as he stands beside Jensen, the two of them watching Clay and Yara drive away from his home.

"Where do we even start?! What a night!" Jensen comments in return as he shuts the door, heading into his living room.

Much to everyone's dismay, Jackson left without giving them any more information. No matter how hard they pushed the subject matter. He'd forced himself away from Clayton, escaping with one last threat - Warning them against interfering with his business. Leaving the four of them at Jensen's house with more questions than answers.

Soon after, Yara and Clay decided to leave as well - But only after Yara made Clay and himself agree on a place and time to talk about their situation.

Dalton heads to the kitchen, taking out two beers and grabbing the bottle opener. "This doesn't really change much you know," He says as he opens the drinks.

Jensen looks over to his friend questioningly.

Handing him a bottle, Dalton takes a seat as he goes on to explain his statement. "This Vincent guy, came to you to further his own agenda, yes. But, he didn't lie. He told you the truth while those two kept it a secret all these years, with no intention of ever telling you. And now, here comes the brother, with more secrets and possible lies. How could we truly trust either of them? Jackson could be switching up the narrative for all we know. Vincent could be the saint in all this. Or at least the lesser of two evils. The timing of everything is mighty suspicious."

Jensen lets out a heavy sigh, running his palm down his face. "I hear you, I do," He says as he thinks over his friend's words. Jensen saw the logic behind Dalton's accusations, finding himself agreeing.

"My advice, Jens," Dalton begins, "Don't get involved. You being friends with Clayton again, that's fine. You just have to be mindful of how much trust you put in him. But as far as that brother of his is concerned, you should stay far away from him. He's nothing but trouble, I can practically smell it on him."

"Jackson left us with more questions than answers. But you're right man. Should nip it in the bud before anything becomes of it," Jensen says with a nod, taking a sip of his drink. "Forget Jackson, forget Vincent and his ulterior motives. Make peace with Clayton and move on from all this."

"Exactly!" Dalton agrees, raising his bottle in the air. "Simple plan. Simple execution."

The two of them sit in silence as they finish their drinks - Jensen's thoughts traveling to his situation with Naomi. Anxious for answers and what those answers would mean for their future together

~

NAOMI REID

Naomi sighs heavily, her eyes trained on the stairs waiting for Kai to come down. Sparing a glance at her watch she sees it was almost noon. Sean and Avery left early in the morning, deciding it'll be best to give Kai his space and her, the chance to talk to him without distractions.

Avery had offered to contact John Freys' grandson, which Naomi was glad for - One less problem on her plate and one less thing for Kai to involve himself in.

Knowing what he was going through, Naomi didn't want to rush him but at the same time, the waiting made her uneasy. She knew she could put his mind at ease if he'd give her the chance.