63. Plans & Assignments

JENSEN CARTER

"Vanessa!" Yara repeats in a low growl, Jensen nodding his head as he texts her back.

"Revolution girl? What the hell does she want? Thought you guys were done with her," Dalton voices.

"She's asking if we're here at the cabin, she says it's important and she wants to see all of us," Jensen relays, reading her texts. "She stopped by the restaurant and your house before she texted," He continues.

"No way, no! We have enough to deal with. We do not have time for her and whatever she managed to get herself in!" Clayton growls lowly.

"Huh," Jensen voices as he reads her incoming texts. "She says that Jackson is in trouble, and she's worried he might get himself killed."

"The last time we spoke to my brother he said to stay out of his business. In fact, he was quite adamant. So, I think we should honor his wishes," Clayton says angrily. 

"She says and I quote, I know so much, I've learned so much! I need to tell you guys everything, you guys should know all this."

"Message here back and tell her we don't," Yara says to him.

"Hold on, hold on, hold on! Guys!" Jensen rushes out as he connects the dots in his head.

"We can't read your mind, J. Use your big boy words," Dalton says watching him curiously. 

"Can't believe this didn't occur to me before, didn't even realize," Jensen starts.

"Keeping us in suspense here buddy," Dalton says to him.

"The Berlins!" He starts

"Yeah, we have one tied up on the premises. what about them?" Dalton responds 

"Jackson is tangled up with them!" Jensen explains watching their flat expressions shift to shock and confusion. "Vanessa says here that Jackson is in trouble with his old partners. Remember the talk we had when he showed up out of the blue?"

"Yeah," Clayton begins. "He told us he was here to deal with a situation concerning his old partners. The Vincent fella and..."

"Elmann Berlin," Yara finishes with a gasp.

"Holy shit, that's right. Oh, this just got so much more complex," Dalton explains, his hands going to rest atop his head. 

"We didn't pay it much mind when he brought it up...especially when he said not to interfere. We just left it at that, and went on with our lives. Shit, this is...shit!" Clayton says to the silent group. 

"We...I just took it as a name of someone he knew, it didn't ring any bells back when he first told us..." Yara comments. 

"There's your connection, Rosewood.  I bet you my big toe! That's your connection right there!" Dalton exclaims to her. "It's why we have two hunters tied up in your house, why they busted in your restaurant. All this ties back to your brother," He states pointing his finger to Clayton at the end of his sentence. "Sure has a habit of inadvertently screwing you and your friends over doesn't he..."

Jensen's phone buzzes with a series of incoming texts, the group looking at him. 

"What else?" Yara inquires.

"She wants to meet ASAP,"

"I don't think it'd be a good idea to have her up here," Clayton voices.

"I know this is important, but I really don't want to see her," Yara sighs.

Jensen thinks for a minute, glancing at his phone in his hands, "Okay, here's what we'll do. I'll meet up with Vanessa in the city and get all the information I can from her. You guys stay here," He says looking between Dalton and Yara. "Dalton will get answers from the girl, Yara you'll watch the boy, see if he either wakes up or dies. If he wakes, question him...if he dies, wrap him up."

"Solid plan..." Dalton snickers.

"I think it's fairly certain that we'll be needing weapons. We don't know what's coming but it'll be best if we're prepared for anything...." Jensen says to them.

" We got some...two handguns at most back home. But, I have a buddy who has a solid collection of rifles. I'm sure he'd loan us a few." Clayton says. 

 "Fair enough?" Jensen asks them, everyone nodding in agreement.

"Let's get busy," Dalton responds, patting Jensen on the shoulder as he heads for the house. 

~

DEAN STRAKEN 

Dean stands leaning against the wall of the precinct's conference room, his eyes glancing over everyone else now and then. Everyone from Quinn's task force was present in the room, waiting for Quinn herself to update them on the situation. In the chair ahead of him, Calvin sat slouched forward, his hands resting on his knees. 

"So, Straken, Wilson," Kaylah begins, effectively getting everyone's attention as the room was quiet to begin with. "Where'd you two run off to? We saw you two leave with Quinn, yet she returns alone and you two come back almost an hour after her. With blood on your clothes too."

"What's it to you?" Calvin voices from his seat, not raising his head to look at her.

"I'm just curious," Kaylah says with forced innocence lacing her voice. "We all are. Curious how Quinn's favorites just...left her there. When one of the task force's person of interest was.... right there."

"Her favorites?" Dean voices, eyeing her.

"Well, yeah. So far, out of everyone here, you two are the only ones she is involves in...overtime..." Kaylah replies. "You two aren't even hunters! She would've been better off taking one of us, but she chose you two instead."

"Take it up with Quinn if you have a problem with her decisions, Kaylah. Not us," Calvin responds flatly, leaning back in his chair to look at her now. 

"No problems, just observation.." Kaylah starts. "I-"

"That's good. Because I would hate to have any of you on MY task force have a problem with MY decisions,"  Quinn says barging into the room startling the others, Kaylah becoming flustered.

"No, no of course not. It's nothing like that-" She stutters out.

"Good. Let's get started then," Quinn says harshly. "As you all know now, Mattias was here in the city mere hours ago... he was shot and killed earlier today. We believe the shootout, which resulted in three casualties and four fatalities, including Mattias, was an assassination attempt on him. It's the only logical explanation there is at the moment. We've lost a major lead in our investigations." 

Dean takes the empty seat next to Calvin as Quinn continues. "We have to be more proactive and leave more of a "legal trail", so to speak... in what we do going forward. That's why I'm sending teams in undercover. Daniel, I'm sending you to TC Veterinary Clinic. Viviane, Vincent Rockwell's sister works there. You're to get close to her, and see what she knows about her brother. We can't find a physical trail on him but she could mention something that gives us a clue. Luther, you'll be going deep undercover. We found a group of distributors who allow humans to deal with them. Kaylah, you'll be going back to the Berlin organization. There are answers there and we need them. You'll be taking Wilson with you."

Dean hears Calvin's sharp intake at the sound of his name, both of them surprised at this. 

"The rest of us will tackle situations as they arise, and hopefully we get some workable results. I have all your individual briefs here, Kaylah and Wilson, I'll start with you two," Quinn finishes, beckoning the two of them while dismissing everyone else.

Dean gets up from his seat and exits the room with everyone else,  knowing that there is no way he could argue the assignments given.