80. Location, Location

NAOMI REID

"It's not effective if you don't look at the screen, Naomi." Josh's voice stirs her to consciousness. She long since zoned out, the screaming becoming a slightly dulled noise. "I've brought you water and some dinner. But, I need you to watch the television. You won't fully grasp it if you don't."

"I've grasped plenty. I get it, I do. I see what you want me to see!" Naomi says angrily, turning to face him as he sets the tray on the bed. "I need to use the restroom." She says, standing.

"Don't hate me, Naomi. I'm doing this for you." Josh nods, holding out his hand to her.

"I'm not a toddler. You don't need to hold my hand to lead me there!" She says sharply, unable to keep her anger at bay. "It's not like I could escape if I tried. I'm sure you have the place locked and secured...am I right?"

"Naomi, I'm not the bad guy here. You need to realize that. Did you even think your fsmn life choices through?! How do you expect to live a life with an animal?" Josh begins. "You'd have to worry every time he got angry. You'd have to worry about him changing and attacking you... not just on the full moon. What about a family, huh?! You can't have his children! He can give you the life you deserve!"

"Why does it bother you? It's my life, my choice! Why can't you leave it alone?! It doesn't impact you in any way! We aren't even close friends!" Naomi argues.

"Because you deserve more, Naomi! A proper life with someone who can take care of you and keep you safe! Not with an animal who constantly puts your life in danger!" Josh yells.

"And who would that be, Josh? You?" Naomi asks softly, Josh now avoiding her eyes. "Are you the one to give me this beautiful picket fence life?" She asks with a head tilt.

"I can be," Josh replies earnestly, looking at her now. "If you let me...I will. When you're free from his influence, and you truly understand what he is and why you can't be with it. You'll see Naomi, you'll see." He says to her. "I'm doing this for you, because I care. You've been fooled into thinking they won't harm you, but it's inevitable. I don't want you living a life that'll inevitably be destroyed. You deserve more."

Unable to say anything else, she stands there staring until he gestures for her to follow. It takes a few seconds for her to respond, following him into a hall and through a door directly opposite the room. The washroom.

Josh lets her in, closing the door behind her. Though she did need to relieve herself, Naomi darts to the under-sink cabinets, looking for anything that could be of use.

Moving as quickly and as quietly as she could, she rummaged through the items. Finding nothing of use, she sighs in defeat.

~

Back in the room, Naomi sits on the bed with her back against the headboard. The room was peacefully quiet now as Josh had finally turned off the TV. Naomi glanced at the window, seeing the sun setting outside.

The unlocking of the door grabs her attention, and Naomi braces herself for another unwanted interaction with Josh. To her surprise, it's not Josh who enters the room but the little girl who led her into this mess.

"Hi." She says innocently, walking in with a doll in her hand.

"Hello..." Naomi replies to her gently, not going to take her anger out on a child.

"I'm Milly. You're Naomi." She says matter of factly.

"Nice to meet you, Milly." Naomi smiles.

"Is your head better?" The child asks.