72. Conniving Measures: Quinn Brooks

ARROW BERLIN

After Arrow tells Vanessa to leave after taking her contact information. Vanessa also left another phone number which she claimed belonged to Vincent Rockwell. Arrow had stared at the number in thought before sending it to Dean. He was her safest and only option as she trusted no one else, and she didn't want to head into the organization herself considering her...condition.

She waited anxiously, to hear back from Dean, checking the clock constantly. She didn't say who the number belonged to, wanting unbiased proof as she still wasn't sure how much she trusted the Lycan. She seemed honest enough but she had her own agenda.

Arrow didn't have much intention of helping her cause, seeking only the answers to her problem, and then her master plan. The more she thought of the cure, the more excited and hopeful she became. She would be the hunter who distributed the Lycanthropy cure, ending the species.

Her mind carried her to the thoughts of the life she would live once she cured herself and rid the world of the creatures. The peace she would have and the new possibilities she would pursue. There was a whole new avenue ahead of her, her future so close.

She'd tried contacting Nicholas but to no avail. She thought about heading to his apartment but every time she tried to exit her home, her feet would stop her - unable to cross the threshold. She knew that the news of a cure would far outweigh any anger he held toward her but she couldn't bring herself to leave.

~

Hours pass before Arrow hears a car approach, Jumping up and looking through her window like an excited child. Seeing that it was indeed Dean, she ran to the door, flinging it open with a smile.

"Well you seem to be in high spirits," Dean says watching her with a confused expression.

Arrow laughs, grabbing his hand and pulling him inside. "I am! I am, and I'll tell you why, but first. The number, did you find anything on it?" She asks hopefully.

"Yeah. Here's all I found," Dean responds, taking out a folded sheet of paper from his back pocket.

"Yes! Yes!" Arrow rejoices, reading the information. "She didn't lie! Gosh, Dean, there is hope for me after all! I could be saved. I could be cured!" She exclaims jumping into him in a bear hug. Dean stumbles in surprise, catching her in his arms and wrapping them around her.

"What do you mean?" He asks, setting her down but not releasing her from his hold.

"There's a cure Dean. A cure for Lycanthropy! A cure that could make me human again!"

"Woah, what? I never knew one existed." Dean answers in shock.

"It's being created! As we speak!" Arrow laughs happily. "It's real, it's all real and it's possible for me to get my hands on it!" She says waving the paper with the information. "This is the answer to everything, Dean. Every single problem in my life will be solved with this."

"You'll be cured? You can get this cure?" Dean asks, his tone hopeful and full of surprise, Arrow nods with a huge grin on her face.

"You'll survive this!" Dean goes on with a shocked laugh, "Arrow that's amazing!" He exclaims happily, hugging her. Arrow smiles in his hold, clutching onto the paper.

"The entire game has changed with this...it's so much bigger than me. It's bigger than Tares City too." Arrow mumbles, reading the contents of the page again.

"What's the first step? What's your plan?" Dean asks.

"First, I find a definite location on Vincent Rockwell. After that, it's all a piece of cake. I just have to find him and everything else will fall into place," She answers. "I should explain everything to you, from the top, everything I now know. You wouldn't believe what I've learned today. I still can't come to terms with it myself, honestly." She says to him, her mood sobering up slightly as she recalls the horrid truths.