81. Getting Closer

ARROW BERLIN

Arrow stares at Vanessa, "Xylia? Are you sure? That's where Vincent Rockwell is?" She asks slowly.

"That's what I heard. That's where your uncle is heading." Vanessa replies.

"Where exactly then? Do you have an address, or a city, or a town?" Arrow presses.

"No,"

Arrow places her hands on her head in frustration, feeling her claws extended as her frustration, her senses heightening. "Okay. Okay. Xylia. That's something." She mutters.

"Do you know anything else? Think! The slightest thing." She says to Vanessa.

"Jackson... he-"

"Hey! Focus. What else can you tell me?" Arrow interrupts.

"I don't know anything else! I came here...I, I don't even know why I came here! Because his own brother doesn't care and I needed... I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing!" Vanessa breaks down.

"Look, thank you for everything you've told me. I have to look into this. I have to get to Rockwell before my uncle does. Or at least get to him before he finds Rockwell. I, I can't help you with anything else," Arrow says to her, trying not to sound too harsh to the emotional Lycan. "I suggest you go home, regroup. See what you can remember..."

"WHY DOES NO ONE SEEM TO CARE! WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WORRIED AND MOURNING!" Vanessa cries out.

"Look, I'm sorry the people you thought would care about him don't, but Jackson Reynold was nothing to me but a source of my problems. And I don't have time for this. Him being out if the picture just makes everything else easier for me." Arrow responds.

Vanessa states at her in shock, mouth agape before turning away angrily. Arrow watches her leave, heading back to her own car. Dialing Nicholas, Arrow starts driving toward the organization.

"Berlin." Nicholas answers her call.

"I've got a lead. Is there anything on there about Xylia?" Arrow asks.

"Who is your lead, Berlin?" Nicholas asks, his voice full of suspicion.

"What do you mean?" Arrow asks in return, surprised.

"I mean, that you rush out of here, and now you call back with a specific location that's related to everything. Xylia does have something to do with all this... I just spent the last hour decoding all this shit and you just up and know about it? I just want to know who's your source is." Nicholas answers.

"It's not really important who they are..."

"No, Berlin. It is. Is this the same contact who told you Rockwell was the answer to all your problems?" Nicholas responds.

"Yes, but..."

"No more buts. When you get here, I want an explanation. If you want me to stay on this, I need to know."

~

Upon entering her office, Arrow finds Nicholas looking at her expectantly.  "Okay," she begins, divulging everything to him, except for what she thought she knew about his sister's friend.

"You trusted a Lycan who tracked you down and told you all this," Nicholas says once Arrow finishes her story.

"I verified what she said first, and then I went off on what she said, yeah." Arrow defends.

"Hm. Well, the information hasn't been wrong yet, so I guess there's that." Nicholas says dryly, looking at her with an expression she couldn't quite place. "I managed to crack the passcode. The locked file was a letter. To Viviane from one of Rockwell's associates. It told her to get out of Tares... that they were coming for her, and she was in danger. It instructed her to take the files and head to Xylia. Where it all started. There's a base there. I'm working on finding the exact location." Nicholas informs her.