66. Good Riddance!

ARROW BERLIN

Arrow vaguely registers the shadow coming over her to be a person until they begin snapping their fingers in her face. Her eyes moved from the wall to the snapping hand, and then to the man the hand belonged to. "Come on now, back to the present." He says to her. She recognized his voice to be the Lycan who'd been in charge of her torture and questioning. 

She continues to look at him with a blank expression as he crouches down in front of her. "We need to have a chat, Arrow Berlin," He begins. The use of her name shocks her but not enough to evoke a reaction. It was an inconsequential fact now. Nothing mattered anymore and there was nothing more they could do to her. 

"I need your full attention, do I have it?" He continues. Arrow blinks at him then shrugs as much as her binds would let her. 

"I'm going to start by saying, that," He pauses gesturing to the bite on her arm. "That wasn't our plan. Your death was discussed, yes...but this wasn't what we had planned out for you." Rising from his position, he begins walking the room, staying in her line of sight. "Thing is, that being said...it's not an apology. You see, you ain't innocent, girl. You brought that upon yourself and surely you must realize that. I hope you do. Actions have consequences, little hunter. And you can't be mad when those consequences come back to bite you... No pun intended."

Arrow doesn't outwardly react to his words, staring at him blankly. "Anyway," He goes on. "I'm here to negotiate with you. A truce of sorts..." Arrow's brow rises at his statement, the most emotion she could find herself capable of expressing.

"The thing is, we're tired of all this... tired of you. This might be a surprise to you, as a hunter... but we were living happy peaceful lives until you barged in guns blazing," He declares. "So, we are willing, to let you and your friend go...under two very simple conditions. One, you tell us why you came to the restaurant, and two. You and your friends, and your little organization, leave us alone."

Arrows is surprised by his words, wondering if there was an ulterior motive behind it. But at the same time, she didn't care much. The ache from her arm was a constant reminder that nothing mattered anymore. Her life was over, everything she was, everything she worked for... none of it mattered now. 

"That bite on your arm there is what I call even," The Lycan starts again. "You ended the lives of four, practically five because you paralyzed one so bad his life ain't worth living! So, you ended five lives...and now, yours is over too. Isn't that so? Punishments fit the crime, and your presence here is a pain in the ass so...  what do you say, hunter? Co-operate and be free for the next four weeks, or stay here, tied up, and experience your first full moon with us, bound in chains."

His ultimatum sat in the air but Arrow didn't need to think hard about it. It was over for her and there was nothing to lose. Looking directly into the Lycan's eyes, she nods. She was no longer human, so what was the use of acting like she was a hunter? She was no longer a hunter, so what was the use of fighting? Where that left her she did not know, she she knew it wouldn't be tied in an empty room for the rest of her days. 

"Wonderful!" He says moving to her, untying her right hand, and offering her his to shake. "Seal the deal with honor, hunter," He prompts, Arrow taking his hands in hers for a steady shake. 

"Now, why the restaurant?" He asks backing away casually. 

"We, I," Arrow begins in a hoarse voice, "I wanted to find clues to the location of a friend. The restaurant was my only lead." She confesses.

"Explain."

"The only connection I had to work with was the family of Jackson Reynolds." Arrow elaborates.