60. Lycans And Hunters Of Tares City

YARA ROSEWOOD

Yara's feet bounce anxiously as Clayton drives them back to Tares - Her peaceful reprieve in Clearmeadow brought to an end.

"I can't believe Kellan's gone," She says sadly. She glances over to Clayton who has a death grip on the steering, his breathing heavy. 

"I don't understand why hunters were at the restaurant in the first place! He growls out. "There's no reason for hunters to be sniffing around us!"

"Let's just get to Darla first, then we'll know what to do."

~

Clayton pulls his pickup truck to a stop in front of the restaurant, Yara gasping at the scene before her. Her once magnificent window wall was shattered, and broken pieces of glass littered between the pavement and her restaurant. She smelled the blood before her eyes found the source, a trail leading back into the main dining area.  

"Holy shit! How many were there!" Dalton comments as he and Jensen walk up to them - having followed along in Jensen's car. 

With a heavy, defeated sigh,  Yara walks over the glass shards, her heeled boots crunching with each step. She glances over the damage as she passes, following the trail of blood through the room.

"Lee," She says his name softly as her eyes land on his body leaning against a table. Neither of them needed to physically check his pulse to know that he was gone. 

"He got shot at the window, dragged himself over here before he succumbed to his injuries," Dalton says, his voice firm, his eyes scanning the floor around them. 

"One bullet wound to the chest. It seems to have missed his heart or anything major. Must've been whatever poison they loaded the thing with," Jensen adds to his friend's assessment. 

"We should find Darla," Clayton says putting a hand on her shoulder. Taking the stairwell, they head to the second floor, finding Darla in the middle of the hallway, lying over Kellan. 

"Oh Darls," Yara sighs softly, rushing to her, pulling her into a hug that sent her into sobs once more. 

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry," Yara whispers, stroking her hair.

"He's gone. He's gone," She cries into Yara's shoulder. "I left him, he told me to go get Decker and the others when we realized...I should have stayed. I could have saved him! It's my fault, I left him!" She sobs.

"That's not true Darla," Yara begins. "Kellan wanted you and the baby safe you know that."

"We could have taken  them together!"

"You could've been killed too."

"Then at least we would've all gone together," She murmurs as she lets go of Yara, moving back to Kellan's body. 

"There were two of them. They came from your office. Decker and the others went after them, I heard their car speed off," Darla informs them before going quiet. Seeing the distant look in her sorrowful eyes, Yara knew she wasn't going to get more information out of her. 

Getting up, she walks to the guys, a tear falling down her cheek as she leans into Clayton. 

~

JENSEN CARTER

Jensen's heart hurts at the situation and the callous loss they'd suffered. He and Dalton had become good friends with Kellan since the incident at the gym and it was hard for him to see his lifeless body lying there - While his wife clutched onto him. He'd known loss before, his heart understood her pain, but his mind also understood that they needed to move on the situation.