44. Foul Play or Fair Play

ARROW BERLIN

"This is the place," Ezra comments as he checks the sign on the front door to the picture on his phone. "You ready?" He asks turning to face Arrow.

Arrow nods in response, looking at the business ahead of them. Last night, as the two discussed her father, the missing journals, and the other keys on the ring - Arrow decided that if she were to take control of the organization, she'd have to be involved in the things she previously tried to avoid. That included her father's secrets, the missing books, whatever the other keys were associated with, and, of course, Ezra and his dad.

After a long night of packing, the two inspected the keys, something Arrow hadn't done on her own in her attempt to not get involved. Together, they were able to find a faint logo etched into one of the keys - Leading them here, to 'T.C. Storage'.

"Let's go," She says, exiting the car, Ezra doing the same. The two head to the front office, Ezra holding the door open for her as they entered

"Hi, good morning-" Arrow begins pleasantly to the large man at the front desk only for him to cut her off.

"You have a locker or you need one?" He asks gruffly not even looking at them.

"Have one," Ezra answers.

"Key!" The man demands, holding out his hand in their direction.

Arrow places it into his palm, watching as he inspects it then types something on his computer.

"Storage cell C-137. You may take your vehicle. There's a map over here, there are signs and the roads are numbered. We close at seven p.m. Do you require further assistance?" The man says to them in a bored tone whilst holding out the key for Arrow to take.

"Oh. Please don't trouble yourself any further. We could manage!" She remarks sarcastically, snatching the key away. Stopping at the map, they find their route and head to the car.

~

"One thirty-five...one thirty-six...That one!" Arrow says pointing to the storage unit. Parking in front of the large roller shutter door.
Exiting the car, Arrow unlocks the padlock, letting Ezra shutters up.

Seeing the light switch on the wall, Arrow presses it, watching the low-hanging bulb flicker on - Gaining its brightness after a few seconds.

"Wow, what's all this? Not what I was expecting to find honestly. " Ezra comments walking into the unit.

"It's all our old stuff. From before we moved to Tares. I never knew he kept these things. Half of these trinkets were my mom's. I hardly recognize the other half."

"Oh, is this a baby Arrow in a purple princess dress?!" Ezra teases loudly holding up a picture frame.

"Focus!" She scolds, snatching the frame away.

"Woah, check out this beauty!" Ezra exclaims holding up a black compound bow, admiring the weapon.

"I remember that. Vaguely.  It was my mom's favorite, her weapon of choice," Arrow responds taking it from him.

"So that's where your name came from," He jokes. "What happened to your mom anyway?" He asks after a minute.

"Lycans." Arrow answers simply not elaborating further.

"Okay. I think this is something," Ezra says holding an open folder. "Property deeds. Three of them, none in Tares. And a transfer agreement. You know anything about these?"

"No..." Arrow replies in surprise.

"Looks like someone spilled coffee on this one," Ezra comments as he goes through the papers. "It's the most recent, but I can't make out the details."