82. The Hunt Is on Pt. 1

DEAN STRAKEN

Dean finds himself heading back to the organization, per Arrow's request. She'd called him, her tone excited as she said she wanted to give him an update.

Pulling up to the organization, he fires off a text to her, letting her know he arrived. Waiting outside, Dean sits on one of the sidewalk benches.

"Dean, hey," Arrow greets him happily as she takes a seat next to him.

"Hey, so tell me. What's the great update?"

"We found a location on Vincent. We're heading there, tonight. I've organized the flight and everything already!" She says with breathless excitement.

"That's great. Where is it? What's the plan?" Dean asks.

"It's Xylia. A warehouse-like compound over there, middle of nowhere. It's where all this started." She fills him in." The plan is to go there, infiltrate, and find Rockwell. Nicholas is up there now, devising a plan to get through the guards and such. "

"Are you taking a team?"

"No. No one else knows. I can't involve any other hunters in this. Can't trust anyone either. It's just the two of us doing this," Arrow responds.

Dean nods in understanding. "Let me come with you two, then." He says to her.

"What? Dean..."

"I can help Arrow. I want to! This is for you. I want to help. It's just the two of you. You guys can use a hand." Dean says to her.

"Dean... this is bigger than you think. I can't let you come. It's my fight, I don't expect you to "

"Your fight is mine Arrow, I want to help you!" Dean declares, Arrow looking at him, stunned.

"I can't let you come, Dean. If something happens to you-"

"What if something happens to you?" Dean intersects heated. "Do you think I'll be an obstacle? I won't Arrow. I have the training. I can help you."

"Dean, this could go so wrong at any moment."

"I can take that risk for you."

"I don't want you to take any risks, Dean." Arrows says to him standing from her seat. If you were to get hurt or killed on this, knowing you were only there for me, I would never forgive myself. I can't do that."

"Arrow."

"Look, I'll try to contact you if I can, but don't expect it. I might not be able to." She rushes out, placing a hand on his chest as he stands too.

Dean places his hand over hers, holding it to him. "Let me come with you, Arrow. Let me be there for you. Don't push me out."

"I'll see you when I'm cured, Dean." She says, pressing a kiss to his cheek before pulling away and heading inside.

Dean stands there for a moment, staring at Arrow's retreating figure and then at the building before he heads to his car. Dejected.

~

ARROW BERLIN

With an address and duffle bags filled with weapons and poisons, Nicholas and Arrow head to T.City Airfield.

The Berlin private jet; the last time Arrow flew using it was with her father. Now, she would use it to get her and Nicholas to Xylia with their plethora of weapons without issue.