15. What's Past Is Prologue

JENSEN CARTER

Clayton stands before a fuming Jensen, staring at the picture in his hand. "Jensen, what the hell is all this? Where did all these pictures come from?!"

"You know, Clayton. Oddly enough, that isn't my biggest concern right now," Jensen replies harshly, glaring at Clayton. "This entire time, you've just been playing me for a fool."

"Jensen look at these pictures! You cannot trust these people or anything they give you! They've obviously been following –"

"AND WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO TRUST? YOU?!" Jensen yells at Clayton, cutting off his sentence. "You've been lying to me our entire friendship! YOUR BROTHER TURNED ME! And not once did you think to bring that up over the years? Why, why did you insert yourself into my life, huh Clayton? Was it to babysit me? Keep me from finding out the truth?"

"Jensen-"

"What the hell were you two even doing there that night? My team and I were there on a covert mission to infiltrate that camp and rescue a high-profile doctor. How do you and your brother play into that Clayton?" Jensen says running his hand across his face, breathing heavily.

"J, I'm sorry you found out like this but-" Clayton begins only to have Jensen cut him off with a growl.

"Found out like this?!" Jensen repeats incredulously. "As if you were ever going to tell me all this! What were you waiting for? The right time? Years after the fact! What were you waiting for your brother to resurface so you two could tell me together?! I've been around the two of you multiple times before  – You had many chances to tell me then!"

"It's not that simple Jensen," Clayton says calmly. "Trust me on this okay. I did what I thought was best."

"Hm! Trust you," Jensen scoffs. "I can't even stand to look at you right now Clayton. You should leave."

"Leave? Jensen, don't be ridiculous." Clayton says taking a step toward him. Jensen growls loudly at him, Clayton automatically growling back – Matching his volume. The two stand watching each other with yellow glowing eyes - Claws extended and teeth bared. Growls fill the room as they both wait for the other to make a move. 
"Yes, leave. Because right now, it's taking everything I have to keep from turning and showing you how angry I am." Jensen says through clenched teeth.

"You'd turn, on the wrong moon?" Clayton asks, a slightly challenging tone in his voice.

"I've done it before, you know that."

Clayton stares at Jensen for a few moments before relenting. "This isn't over Jensen. We will revisit this when you're more level-headed," He says before turning to exit the room.

~

"Ah Jensen Carter," A deep voice sounds, breaking Jensen out of his trance. It'd been an hour since he sent Clayton away and he was still fuming. Looking to the source of the voice, he sees a man standing in the doorway – Looking at him with a smile on his face. He looked to be in his early forties, his head shaved bald, and multiple faded scars across his face. Jensen could tell he was a Lycan as well. Removing his hands from the pockets of his trench coat, he walks up to Jensen. "Vincent Rockwell, it is a pleasure to meet you. How are you?"

Jensen shakes his hand briefly before speaking. "I'm not in the mood for pleasantries. You have some explaining to do. Vincent." Jensen says curtly.

Vincent takes no offense to Jensen's behavior, a smile reappearing on his face. "Very well. Not a problem," he says to Jensen. "Walk with me, perhaps some fresh air will do us well."