43. This Is Now

ARROW BERLIN

"Alright," Nicholas begins. "The newest stuff...We have this bad boy," He says showing her a small dropper bottle filled with a clear liquid. Holding her hand out, Nicholas places it in her hand. Upon further inspection, she notices the thickness and the slight shimmers in it.

"It's perfect for subduing them. It's discreet. No color, no smell, no obvious taste - They don't figure it out until it's too late. It's a slow and painful process before it actually knocks them out. Starts with choking, limb paralysis, difficulty breathing, et Cetra. How long they'll be out depends on the dosage. Their bodies would be fighting the effects obviously, but not fast enough. It still knocks them down."

Taking the bottle from her he places another in her hand. This one is more watery than the last, with a slight green tinge to it. "This one is for interrogations. Messes with their heads causes some nasty hallucinations," He explains to her, Arrow hearing tones of excitement in his voice. "With this, all you have to do is whisper a few ideas into their head and watch as their fears magnify tenfold. It's amazing."

"Then there's this," Nicholas starts again showing her a small round pill. "Ingested if possible but under the tongue is good enough for it to take effect. It completely paralyzes them. When I say completely I mean it. the effects take place on a cellular level. Doesn't wear off and is non-reversible. Doesn't cause any pain but at the same time it does, know what I mean?!"

"Then what? You kill them after that?" Arrow asks watching as he puts the pill back into a container. 

"Lycans long to shift and run in the woods like the wild animals they are. They feel restless if they don't get a chance to walk on their paws for long periods of time. This...this tiny little pill, is the perfect against them," Nicholas says holding up the container. "In a way, this is the closest thing to a cure. No shifting equals no Lycan. An end to Lycanthropy, truly." 

Arrow remains quiet, watching as he places the container down and grabs what looks like a perfume bottle. "Moving on, we have this. Spray it in a room, give it a minute to disperse, and then watch as all the Lycans around you reveal themselves. To you and me, it doesn't even have a smell. But it irritates them, attacks their senses, especially smell - Almost like a major allergy attack. They'd be desperate to get away from it. Some are smarter and have more control than others obviously, but a slight scrunch of the nose, or a look to see where the smell is coming from - Even a cough, is enough to let us know."

"And last but certainly not least," Nicholas says moving on, grabbing another dropper bottle - This one filled with a shimmery silver liquid. "It has fine silver in it," He says holding it up to the light in the room.

"Silver? I'm guessing that one's lethal?" Arrow says watching the bottle.

"Yup. Dosages determine how long it takes but the longest time is about six minutes," Nicholas replies. "For the regular Lycans, you're used to anyway. For the new ones that are drugged up to the max, a high dose of this would help get us close enough to take its head off" 

"Who created all these?" Arrow asks curiously.

"Your uncle and Simeon I guess," Nicholas replies with a shrug.

"Simeon?"

"The new head of the lab your uncle brought in," He explains to her. "You know, I could write out a dosage sheet for you. If you want."

"Sure," Arrow replies, half distracted.

"I'll even test you. Give you a gold star if you get all right," Nicholas says to her with a straight face.

"Funny," Arrow replies with an eye roll.  "What else is there?"

Hearing a chime from his phone, he pulls out the device instead of answering, a smile appearing on his face as he stared at the screen. "Now, we have a trip to interrogation," He answers happily.