1. SAVE THE BABY

SARAH'S POV

"Is this how you talk to customers Sarah? Where are your work ethics?"

"Sir...He was being a pervert and was asking me for a night out. And he won't buy anything from the art gallery because he is here just to stare at me and the female staff. " my manager breathes only for money and doesn't care about anything else.

"You are not to tell whether he buys the painting or not . Just keep your mouth shut and put on a smile if you want your salary on time. "

Before I could rebel he left to lick that man's ass. Idk if the men described in romance novels or movies become real someday . Being a student who can't afford the last year graduation fee and has to work to earn it sucks. My dream was to be a fashionista and here I am selling stupid painting to even more stupid customers.

Nevermind I am used to all these bullshit. I do have a family who doesn't even want me since I am the unsuccessful member . My mom and dad live nearby but I would rather die than to live with them and my elder sisters lives in Chicago due to her work issues. After taking all types of comments and stares at the end of the day only Maya can lighten up my mood.

"Hey Maya....hot chocolate please "

"Shittt work day ..right?"

"You see straight through me. I wish you were my mother. "

"Ohh common...I am too young to be your mother. "

"Yeah 40 years is definitely too young"

We both chatted for the next one hour about the customers and we were laughing as hell. Maya is a beautiful lady in her early 40s . She has a small cafe near my apartment . I have been coming here for almost 8 months and I bond with her better than I do with my mom. She is a happy positive lady who brings the best in me and cheers me up when I am at my lowest. But life definitely is a bitch ....she lost her daughter 5 years ago to Leukemia and she dedicated her cafe to her daughter. She always tells me that I am just like her late daughter.

"When do you start planning to date Sarah . You are 23 and still single. Get your self some balls sweetheart. It's the time to explore your vagina not art gallery. "

"Ok not this topic again. Idk why are you so interested in my dating life that doesn't even exist. "

"Sex can relieve a lot of stress. You should try it. "

"I am leaving. Good night. Bye "

"I wish you get your prince charming soon my love ". She yelled from my back as I thumped towards my apartment. I was smiling and lost in my thoughts when something hit my leg. I lowered my gaze to my feet and to my surprise there was a sweet little baby girl hugging my leg and crying her lungs out.

"Heyyyy stop crying sweetie. " I said to her which I think she didn't understand. I never saw or heard a baby in my neighborhood which was filled with a heap of fuckboys but on my low budget this was my only choice. Thankfully my landlord is very trustworthy so I feel safe when I am home.

I picked up the baby girl from my leg and looked at her. Her eyes red from crying and messed up small hairs. Tears falling from her blue eyes and I couldn't control more my urge to say

"Awwww.....you are so beautiful. "
I don't think she could speak much because she might be 2 or 3 according to her tiny size. She looked at me and stared for a moment and then gave me the brightest smile that took away all my worries.

My heart just melted with that smile. It's been so long since I met a baby like her. I have a soft spot for infants specifically girls. They are just so beautiful and admirable. But right now I had to figure out where are her parents. No one was near her when she ran to me. How irresponsible of her parents. She was dozing off again and again over my shoulder and I patted her back to sleep. She instantly blacked out on my shoulder. I had no guts to disturb her so I sat on the nearby pedestrian chairs.