20. THE BIDDING

SARAH'S POV

After what felt like an eternity Christian returned to the gala hall and his eyes were stuck on me. He crossed the hall in 4 strides and reached me. He sat beside me and the media that was invited to the gala asked him for photos and to answer some questions.

He completely denied of it. And asked the bodyguards to take them away. He was not tensed but he was angry and his overprotectiveness was clearly visible towards me. Each and every side of us was guarded by bodyguards.

"Is everything alright Christian....are you angry at me or something."

"I am not angry at you SARAH....it's my normal expression. Focus on the bidding we'll talk about this later."

Yeah he called me SARAH....he only called me by my first name when the situation is serious. And now I was damn sure something is off the hook.

The bidding was for the education of orphan girls who were victim of rape, kidnapping, sexual harassment,  human trafficking. Apparently only the most successful business tycoons were invited since they needed a larger amount of money for the same reason. Christian was one of them.

The bids were made for exquisite paintings made by the orphan girls themselves. I appreciate the cause for this gala and hope to help them.

The first bid was made by Mr. Maroni of 10,000 USD.  A second later Christian made a bid of 20,000 USD.

The least I could say was that I wasn't surprised anymore. The competition between Christian and Mr. Maroni continued until the bid was locked at 75,000 USD done by Christian.

Every passing second my curiosity about Mr. Maroni was increasing. He sat on the table infront of us I could see his back and every time Christian made the bid he would glance back at us. I was curious to know their relation but suddenly Christian whispered in my ear....

"Sarah....keep your focus on your husband not him. You stare at him one more time and you will have consequences tonight. Am I clear?"

The warning was ridiculously hot. I knew I was blushing and Christian's smirk confirmed it. Why do women like when their better half do something that should offend us. I am women .....women is me.

The seductive voice came back again...."AM.I.CLEAR.SARAH"

"Crystal clear."

"Good..."

Another hour passed away. Many more painting were bid at very hefty prices. In total there were 32 paintings and Christian bought 12 of them. Soon the dinner was served which was delicious. Specifically the desserts were just amazing. Later we finally said our byes to the acquaintances. We left the gala hall and made our way to the parking lot.

"Do you like the paintings?" he asked me.

"Yes...Ofcourse. I loved them. These young girls are so creative. I am glad that you bought these many pieces and helped them."
He always pretend to be the ruthless and egoistic asshole to the world but I know he has a heart of gold. We chit chatted on our way about the food the decor the many more things and suddenly numerous men dressed in Black suits blocked us from all the directions. I kinda started panicking at the situation since we were all alone as Christian's bodyguards were waiting in the front. He held my hand tightly and I looked at him. His expressions were like he was not surprised to see all these men.

While I was getting a hold of myself and engulfing the situation a grey haired men appeared from behind the black suited men. His backbone was curved and his hairs were salt and pepper. I assumed him to be in his late 50s or early 60s...
He was wearing oversized sunglasses and a black suit.  I had no idea who he was and why was he here. But still I knew he had something to do with Christian. The old man walked towards me and Christian. His attention was on Christian. He was wearing glasses but I could tell that he was  staring at Christian only. A moment later he asked Christian.....

"How are you Christian?" And then the most unexpected words came out of Christian....

"What are you doing here.....DAD"...

______________________________________<

Hi my reader.....stay tuned for the next chapter. It is gonna be sooo interesting. 🦋