21. THE DECISION

CHRISTIAN'S POV

The only person I never wanted to see again was my dad. I never told anyone about my dad. I hated him but still I couldn't hate him. This moment when he was standing before me I couldn't ignore him. He somehow found me and......

"What are you doing here DAD" the word dad was like a thunderstorm to Sarah. She never knew that I had a dad. Her eyes dilated to 10x. I knew this wasn't gonna be an easy explanation. But we'll see it later.

"Christian...my son. How are you? Have you been well?"

"If this is what you wanted to ask me perfer a phone call rather than showing up with all your men and specially this asshole Maroni." Maroni was my father's right hand. He knew everything about me and my father. But I despised him like a brother hatred. He was annoying as fuck but still he had advantage that he was my dad's right hand.

"Who's this young lady with you my son? Please introduce us." his eyes drifted towards Sarah...and my patience were leaving my body.

"That's none of your business dad. Leave me and her alone. Please let's pretend we never met and continue like strangers. " I knew why my dad was here. I grabbed Sarah's hand and walked towards the car when my dad started speaking.....

"Christian. Please listen to me my son. Atleast give me a chance. I am sure you will understand why am I here. Please son you are my last hope. Please."

I ignored his emotional blackmailing and started moving again but Sarah didn't walk with me. She stood still and held my hand hindering me to go forward. I knew she has a soft heart and this will cause us trouble someday.

"Sarah...move. Don't make me angry. You don't know who he is and have no right to create a scene so just move."

"He is your father Christian. And he is pleading to talk to you. You should atleast listen to him before you reach any conclusions. "

"Sarah...you don't know him...He is.." she cut me in the mid sentence and said..

"Not everyone have a father pleading to talk to their child. Appreciate it. "

"Ohh hey hey....don't cry. If you want I can give him a chance. Just stop crying." I can bear anything but tears in my daughter's and my wife's eyes. I was left with no choice but to talk to him. I nodded at him and he nodded back.

"Make it brief dad."

"You have to return to Italy Christian. My throne is waiting for you. "

"Dad...I always made myself clear that I will never take your seat. You have another heir for your throne and he wants it more than I hate it. Why do you need me."

"Your brother is dead Christian. "

Wait. What?

"What did you say Dad?"

"I am sorry Christian. But your brother Liam was shot dead 2 months ago by rivals. "

My hands were numb. My brain was numb. My legs were numb. Everything was just finished for me. My brother....the only one who cared for me and the only one who loved me genuinely was gone. He was dead. Liam Knight was dead.

"Christian are you okay?" I heard Sarah's voice but I couldn't see her. My vision got blurred and my legs became lifeless. I dropped to the floor and that's the last I could remember.

.
..
..
.
.
.
.FEW HOURS LATER.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Open your eyes Christian. Please....open your eyes for me. " I knew whom this voice belonged to. I didn't need to see her. My wife. My Sarah.