24. Calm

SARAH'S POV

It's been 3 hours since he left. I know where he is but I can't do anything about it. The more I think about it the more my muscles get tensed. It's 2 o clock in the morning and there is not hint of sleep in my eyes. Everyone is asleep and silence covered the house. Only 2 bodyguards who are standing at my doorstep are awake and I know they won't budge until Christian say it.

I tried calling him again and again but he never picked up. This was strange because he always answers my call or send me a message if he can't. The gut wrenching feeling of something happening to him was eating me inside. I was in my bed waiting for an update but none came. I asked the bodyguards but they remained silent. I had no option but to wake up Elena and ask her if she knew someone who could tell us where Christian was.

One of the guards followed me to Elena's room. I knocked the door but no one answered. I again knocked and still no answer.

"Sarah what are you doing here?" Elena said from behind me. A breath of relief....atleast she was here.

"Elena....thank god you're here."

"What happened is everything okay? Why are you up so late and why are the guards following you?"

"Christian hasn't come back since he left. He is not answering my call and I have no idea where he is. I don't even know where he is or is he even fine or not."

"Calm down...calm down. Let me call his friends."

She escorted me inside her room and sat me on the couch. To my surprise both Niko and Lily were asleep on her bed. But I was too worried to ask why. She fetched me a glass of water and grabbed her phone.

"Did he say something about where he's going before he left?"

"I am sure he is at Markov's. He was angry about him calling me sexy infront of the whole family and then he stormed out of my room."

"Fine just calm down and take a deep breath I'll call him."

She dialed Christian's number but he didn't pick up. She called again he didn't answer..again. She left a voice message for him.

"Do you have Markov's number?" I asked her i know it was stupid question but my mind wasn't in working stage.

"No but Marrone has.. lets call him."

She dialed Morrone's number and he didn't answer. She tried again and still no answer. With every passing second my stomach was turning into tight knots. I can't even explain the worst thoughts going in my mind. Just when we were going to call his father as the last resort....Elena's phone rang and it was Morrone.

"Elena? Is everything okay...you call this late?" He said in a tensed voice.

"We can't find Christian. He was probably at Markov's and he is not answering it's almost 4 hours since he left. "
"He was at my place but he just left. He will be there anytime soon. Just relax and tell Sarah to calm down." Elena ends the call and give me a squeeze on my hand.
"He is fine Sarah. Take a deep breath." Tears dwell in my eyes and I know I am crying. All the riled up tension and wrongful thoughts were now getting me.
"Oh Sarah...don't cry. This is all so new for you and I know how it feels when your loved one isn't home and you know all things that can happen. But Christian is a strong man. He will never leave you like that." She gave me a small smile and I just can't even think about the trauma she must have been through when she lost her husband and her children's father. Due to our talking and crying Niko got up from his sleep.

"I'm sorry Niko...I didn't mean to disturb you." I said instantly.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you?" This lil boy had so many questions for me and it fills my heart.

"I am fine Niko. Thanks for asking buddy. " Elena asked him to go back to sleep. And soon I heard the gates open and I knew who it was.
"He is here." Elena said.

"Thank you so much for helping me Elena. And I'm sorry to bother you this time. I need to talk to him now. Good night."

I closed the door as quietly as possible and went down stairs to see him. My heart beating a lil too fast with every step I took.
"Sarah" his voice reached me before I saw him. He was fine. He was not injured or hurt. He is here. He is back. My heart is here.

"Are you crying?" I crossed the distance between us and he held open his arms to catch me. I ran towards him and a voice echoed the same time. Slap. I slapped him across his face. I was crying but I was angry crying.

"You dumbass idiot. You fool how dare you leave me alone here and not answer my calls. Do you have any idea how worried I was. "

"Calm down Sarah...I am sorry "

"Take your shitty sorry and shove it up your ass. Don't ever do this again Christian or I will do the same and won't even return ever."

He took a step closer and tried to catch my hands. But I didn't let him.
"Come here Sarah...I am sorry for doing all this. I didn't knew you would be so worried. I am fine."

"Where were you? At Markov's house?" I knew it but I wanted to hear it from him.

"I was but I didn't do anything. I just hurt him enough to realize that putting his filthy eyes on my wife on my love is not gonna be ignored or excused. I was too agressive and not in control so I went to Marrone's house. That's all that happened."

I just nodded. To exhausted to put another argument. "Let's get you to bed and we can talk in the morning you look too tired. Come on."

He lifted me in bridal style and we went to our room. It was the best feeling of being into his arms and to feel safe and protected. The happiness and the calm it bring to me was what I needed the whole time.

"Good night Sarah" he kissed my forehead and I blacked out.