22. NEW WORLD

CHRISTIAN'S POV

I called my dad and gave him the answer to his question. It's a strange thing that the world I was running from is where I end up. The evilness and toxicity we hold in the mafia is beyond words. Everything is a game and everyone is just a spawn. Even myself was a spawn to my dad. The only thing that fears me the most was that I might turn into my dad enduring the consequences of the leader of this mafia. And that's the last thing I wanted anyways. I just wanted to be a simple caring father who can understand my daughter and that's all. I will try my best to survive and keep my wife and my daughter away.

"When do we leave Christian?" Sarah has been packing all the important personal stuff since we're moving tomorrow.

"Tomorrow at 11 in the morning. You dont have to pack all these Sarah...we have everything there and someone else will do it for you if you need it that bad."

"I need to keep myself busy anyhow because if not then I'll just go crazy thinking about the shitty mafia thing that came out of nowhere."

"You're panicking. Relax It's not that bad. You won't feel any changes overthere just that you'll be surrounded by more people and few more kids."

"I am trying my best no to. So please make yourself useful and help me pack the essentials. Also tell me about your sister in law and your nieces and nephews."

"Well, Elena was my friend before she turned into my sister in law. We were like besties. We always had a fun and loving type of bond...teasing each other and making fun of random people together with wine in our hand was our favorite timepass. Then suddenly I came to know about her and my brother and honestly I was very happy that she is gonna be a family. She cared for me like a big sister and always made sure of my comfort."

"She seems like a nice women. I hope we bond like you two did."

"Ohh don't worry about that. Everyone loved her and she is very welcoming. She'll be delighted to meet you . "

"And Niko &Lily?"

"Niko is basically a mini me. He and I were crime partners. He was 3 when I officially left the family and lily was 3 months old. After I decided to leave the family and live a separate life Elena was very heartbroken. She tried to convince me but I had other plans. But ultimately she accepted my decision. Soon after blue was born and somehow all my ties were cut from them. I used to think about my brother and his family but never gathered enough courage to meet them again. My dad was very aggressive about me leaving and he warned everyone that nobody is allowed to speak to me. And I couldn't blame him either."

"You should be glad that you'll be helping them in tough times. And you have the opportunity to be the cool handsome billionaire uncle."

"I am everything that you said. "

"Let's get going with the packing....we still have Blue's things to pack. "

We did the packing and took only the essentials. Only taking essentials was a tedious process...we packed approximately 15 boxes and we were ready to move.

"Christian " Sarah yelled my name and I stopped....

"Yes Sarah..."

"I wanted to ask you that what's gonna happen with the servants of this house. I mean are they fired or what?"

"They were asked to join us in new home but some declined to come along so we have paid them one year's wage in advance so they can find another job."

"Oh...ohkkayy. Good decision. "

We finallyy left the mansion. This was the toughest moment for me. All the memories were hitting hard with every step I took towards the exit. I met Blue here and also got married to Sarah here. Blue took her first steps in this mansion and now I have to live somewhere else.