7. MEETING THE FAMILY

SARAH'S POV

"Christian you can't do this to me. I can't face them right now. Please take me home back."

"Sarah....I am with you everything is gonna be fine. If not today someday you eventually have to tell them about us. We will not talk about the contract part but we will tell the marriage part. Come on"

The worst nightmare of my life is standing before me. My family. I have to tell them about the marriage if I don't they will learn about it from media and things will get complicated. But I wasn't ready for this and I have so many questions for Christian about how he knew about them.

We got out of the car and he locked our fingers. I could feel the protectiveness from his touch. I don't want to look weak infront of him.

After a few minutes of waiting finally my mom opened the door and her eyes widened on sight of Christian.

"Come in Sarah." The rough tone of my mom wasn't new to me.

"Hi mom " I said and we moved inside the house.

My dad and my sister were on the dining table. I was surprised to see my sister because she rarely comes home but now when she was least needed she is here.

"Hii dad ....hi elle...this is ...."

"Christian Knight. The CEO of blue heavens restaurant chains and the eligible billionaire bachelor of town." My sister completed my sentence.

"Thanks for the great introduction Elle. I'll take it as a compliment." Christian said.

The tension in the air was rising alarmingly. It could be cut with a knife . We adjusted on the table and mom served us food.

"I went to your art gallery Sarah. They said you weren't working there anymore." Elle said and I choked on my mashed potatoes. This was the last thing I wanted to talk about tonight .

"Explain Sarah ." My dad said and anger was clear in his voice.

"I....I am not working anymore there. They didn't pay me much or even respect me properly. "

"And what now? How are you going to pay for your last year's fee or have you decided to drop the degree. Let me be crystal clear Sarah....you are already disappointing us with your career. We won't accept your decision of dropping the degree and do something stupid. Look at your sister she is so well settled and has made us proud. But you....you aren't even able to complete your graduation. " my dad said everything I guessed he would.

"Dad.....you can't just consider me a disappointment or failure just because I am not a graduate yet. I don't have a smooth life like Elle. You guys paid her tuition fees but I have to pay for myself because you spent all the savings on her. If you would have saved some for me I won't be struggling today. I always feel like I am an extra one in the family and none of you care about me." Tears boomed my eyes and my family gazed at me with shock. I don't know how I had the courage to say all that. Christian was silent all the time. Thankfully...

"Sarah is this how you talk to your family. And you were never like that I am sure your rich boyfriend must have spoiled your manners. But I can bet he will just sleep with you and never marry you. You will be a whore to him and nothing more. Better focus on your career rather than being a sleep toy to someone like him. I am your sister beleive me instead of him."

"Watch your mouth Ms. Elle. I am being very patient about your behavior towards my FIANCE since you are her family. But my patience has a limit. "

"Fiance ha?" My mom asked.

"Yes Mam...fiance. Me and Sarah are getting married in next 10 days. We are here to invite you for the wedding . Your presence will be highly appreciated. "