44: Confront

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

That wasn't the only thing to catch his attention and knock his breath out of his lungs, but the folder was filled with such pictures from almost every night, also why Jimin was pressuring him to stay away from Jungkook? Just because the person kinda, just kinda looked like Jungkook? It doesn't mean that he was that person.

Even when his mind was screaming at him to accept that the person was really Jungkook, because he knew the younger this much to remember his eyes even in that darkness, his heart was reverting back to the screams with the same intensity.

The documents were filled with the cases of RD, showing how perfect he was in his tasks leaving no proof except for some random hints, but still, no one was able to catch him. The whole situation was overwhelming his heart and mind they were busy in fighting over the same matter.

Amidst that chaos, he slammed the tablet back on the drawer after removing the USB from it and shutting it down, forgetting the certain someone sleeping beside him.

"Tae, why are you awake?" The groggy voice of Jungkook made him slightly flinch, causing him to look back at the younger who was already sitting with narrow, concerned-filled eyes.

Switching on the lamp on the side table, he softly cupped Taehyung's cheeks which were damp because of sweat, oblivious of the brunet.

"Love, are you alright? Does it hurt anywhere? Why are you sweating?" Jungkook looked beyond worried for those fear-filled eyes, and sweaty face.

"Baby?" Taehyung finally blinked when Jungkook leaned closer to caress his face and checked his forehead to find no fever.

"I- I'm fine, just couldn't sleep." Hearing that, a small sigh of relief left Jungkook's lips, his shoulders visibly relaxed when he pulled his hoodie sleeve down to his palm so that he can wipe the sweat from Taehyung's face.

"Nightmare?" Taehyung blinked slowly, was it a nightmare? No, it was scarier than that, someone is trying to prove that Jungkook is RD, saying him to stay away from the only person who was literally working like his slave day and night, just to make sure he was happy, it is way scary to even think about.

"Sort of." He croaked out, letting the raven-haired wipe his face who completed the task before getting up from the bed, catching his attention.

"Where are you going?"

"To get some warm milk for you, it helps you sleep." Jungkook softly smiled and rubbed his eyes to let the remaining sleep go away as he told the older.

"No need, just- just lay down."

"But-"

"Please," Now, Jungkook's eyes narrowed. Since the evening, Taehyung was really behaving oddly, he looked afraid, and on the edge of some emotional breakdown but at the same time, he was trying to hide it and act normal. If he continued to say 'sure' doesn't mean that he wasn't sure that something was really bothering the brunet.

"Ok, ok." Saying with fake enthusiasm, he plopped back on the bed and immediately opened his arms for the older who joined him after a short moment.

The deafening silence fell upon them when Jungkook pulled the older closer to his chest, using his other hand to massage his scalp as usual while his right hand was busy caressing the clothed, slim waist.

"Feeling better?" Taehyung hummed lowly, resting his face on Jungkook's chest, he snuggled to seek comfort to calm his nerves.

Minutes passed away but Jungkook couldn't find the older in peace, the continuous stiffness of his body was a clear sign that sleep wasn't there to help him rest.