Imagine: Boy BestFriend

~y/n's POV~

You were at your locker after school, gathering all your things, waiting to get picked up. School gets out at 2:30 and you're usually picked up by 3:45 or so. In the mean time, you sit in the library and do your homework, and study.

You close your locker and get startled by a boy leaning against the neighbor locker. You scream out and nearly have a heart attack. You take a while to realize it's bsf/n. You hit him repeatedly as he puts up his arms to guard himself, though you just kept hitting him.

"Okay, okay! Jesus! I don't need to be injured for my game tonight." He whined. 

"I disagree." You rolled your eyes and walked passed him.

"Someone in a bad mood?" He teased.

"You just scared the living shit out of me, hello? Give me a second to catch my breath."

He puts his hands up defensively and goes silent. You walk all the way to the library and sit at a table until you guys start another conversation. "So, are you going to my game?"

"I don't know, would I be sitting alone?"

"You can sit with my parents?" He shrugged. Bsf/n is your only friend, so if You had to sit alone on the bleachers, your answer would be no.

"Or you could meet new people?"

"I'll sit with your parents." You finalize. "But isn't your game at 5?"

"5:30."

"That's too much going back and forth for my mom. She'd have to drive me home then drive back to work then come back home then drive me back here then pick me up again-"

Bsf/n begins to smile and sighed. "You can stay here until the game, y/n. It doesn't have to be that complicated." You roll your eyes again and take out your phone to inform your mom on what's going on.

"Plus," he scoots closer to you, which makes your heart beat a lot faster. You look up from your phone, making eye contact. "I could just take you home." He finishes. His eye contact is so intense for no reason at all. He didn't even have a flirty intention with his statement, yet here you are getting flustered.

"Ok, thanks." You almost inaudibly muttered. He was close to your face, almost nose and nose contact. He smelled good: like vanilla and roses. What made this moment worse is that he had that adorable, teasing smile on his face that he knew you loved. He knew what he was doing.

"Cool." He backed up a little and started taking off his athlete jacket. It had his basketball jersey number on the back and sleeves. He put it around your back, and whispered in your ear, "cheer me on." That gave you butterflies on a whole other level. You couldn't look into his eyes anymore, you look at the table.

You feel his hand on your chin and you turn your head to look at him, unwillingly. He plants a kiss on your nose. "I gotta get to practice." He gets up and leans down again to kiss you on the head. "See you in the stands, yeah?" You nod your head, never averting your gaze. He smiles again, walking away from you. You let out a breath you were unaware you were holding.

Did I mention you have a crush on your best friend?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

It's 5:00 so it's about time you start making your way to the gym. You pack all your stuff and throw your backpack on, and walk the short distance down the hallway. Once you get in the gym, you see your school's team practicing on one side and the guest team on the other. You look for bsf/n and you spot him right when he makes a shot.