Imagine: Crush

~H/N's POV~

I woke up early in the morning, around 6 to be able to go to the café around the corner before making my way to school. Not only are the drinks an extreme mood booster, but so is Y/n and she works there.

I tend to get lost in conversations with y/n since she has to be there as early as I go in the morning. Her parents own the place so she helps out before school. It's like luck for me.

I walk in, hearing the tiny bell on the door ring. It's a refreshing scent of some sort of bread product, possibly bagels, and coffee. It's all so familiar to me.

I try to hide my smile when I see that she's already standing there, watching me take slow steps closer to the counter. My heart somewhat explodes and pounds faster, the closer I get.

This is nothing new.

I need to get a hold of myself. I've talked to this girl a lot the past year. We may not be close close but we're friends. I shouldn't be this nervous.

I take a deep breath before finally approaching the counter. "Hi, h/n." She greeted first.

"Hey, y/n."

"The usual?"

"Obviously." I say through a smile, that she returns herself.

I've come here so much that she's memorized my order. I get the same thing everytime: pineapple-strawberry smoothie with a glazed, old-fashioned donut.

"Do you want a discount?" She jokes. I chuckle and shake my head while taking out my wallet. It's the same price everytime.

There's light music playing in the background to drown the silence. I hand her my card, and our hands lightly brush against each other. I look down as she takes the card from me, at an intensely slow pace.

For a split second, I'm about to pull away, until she slides the card from my hands.

This isn't helping.

"So, did you do anything this weekend?" She makes conversation.

"Uh, not really. Just stayed home, and volunteered at the library."

"You know, you still haven't told me about that. Like what do you do there?" She asks.

I shrug. "I just do what the employees would do, just without getting paid. You know, organize, and label books. Stuff like that."

"Sounds like fun." She leans on the counter, and looks back at everyone. "You should show me after school."

I suddenly freeze, and probably looked like a deer im headlights. I glared at her and said the stupidest thing. "Show you what?"

"How things are ran there." She laughs. "I might volunteer there. I don't know, I feel like it's a good way to spend my free time. And plus, you'll be there."

My stomach drops in the best way possible and I don't even try to stop the grin on its way to my face. "Oh yeah. For sure, I can show you after school."

"Okay, cool. Will you drive me?" 

"Uh, sure!"

"Alright, sounds like fun." Another employee sat my stuff on the counter. "Here's your order though. I'll see you at school, okay?"

I grab my stuff and nod my head. "Uh, yeah. Bye, y/n." I begin to walk away but spare her a glance. She smiles and waves and I smile to myself and walk out the door.

***

I put my final books into my locker and grab my backpack, shutting it closed. As I'm about to turn, I see y/n, walking in my direction. I breathe in and out, beginning to walk towards her. She has a smile that grows when I stop in front of her.

How can one be so perfect?

"You ready?" I ask.

"Yep." She says. She grabs my arm with her hand lightly and looks behind us. I blush, but make no effort to hide it. "I just need to make sure my friend leaves before seeing me get in the car with you."

I raise a brow. "Why?" I question.

"Because," she looks me in the eyes and starts walking. "She'll try to bother us."

I smirk knowingly but I don't say what I'm thinking. "Well, alright then."

We walk out to my car and I open the door for her. "Thank you."

She sits and I close the door, running to the driver's side. I take my seat and sigh of content. This is the first time she's sitting in my car, next to me. Ready to go somewhere with me. It's a feeling of expectation and unsteadiness.

"Music?" I say and hand her the aux cable. She takes it from me and grins. I smile and put the key into the ignition.

"I don't think you're ready for this." She says jokingly.

"I'm probably not."

***

We pull up to the library. We're the first ones there besides my boss. We don't have that many employees. 3 people work at a time, including the boss.

I leave my backpack in the car, and help y/n out. I lock the doors and she's still holding onto my hand when we walk in. The one I used to help her out the car.

"This place is scary." She whispers.

"Why?" I chuckle lightly.

"Because I've only went here a couple years ago for clubs then never came here again."

"Well," I open the door for her. "It's not as scary now. Trust me."

She just looks up at me, with a nervous look. I pull her in closer, letting her know that if anything happens, I'm right here.

I decided that it's probably best to show her around after I introduced her to my boss.

I showed her behind the counter and the staff rooms, then the aisles.

"This is the romance section." I walk through slowly.

"Ooh, my favorite." She says looking at the different variety of books. I laugh a little and look at her. She turns and looks at me before smiling and doing something that made me want to turn and walk away but I kept my composure.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, making my hands go to her hips. She kept the eye contact so I was under no obligation to break it.

I can't tell what she's thinking and that's annoying.

"You're my favorite person right now." Is all she said. I raise a brow once again and look down at her. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. Thanks for bringing me here."

"You asked me to, silly." I smiled lightly.

"But you didn't have to."

"Oh please. " I scoff. "You know if you ask, you shall receive."

She just grins and keeps looking at me. It's making me nervous. She's not saying anything, she's just looking.

Glinted.

She puts her hands on the side of my face and leans in only a little and whispers, "Can I kiss you?"

My lips part and I try not to look desperate by nodding my head.

"Yes. Please do."

She leans in and I finally feel her lips on mine. It's soft and low, but passionate and full of affection. I never want to pull away.

"Be my girlfriend. Please." I mutter against her lips. She kisses me once more until pulling away. "Of course, h/n."
______________________________________________