Imagine: Best Friend's Brother

~Y/N's POV~

You had just tried out for the volleyball team. You, of course made the team, but now it's time for your coach to split the groups of Varsity, Junior Varsity, and commoners. You wanted to go out for varsity. You knew it would take a lot of practice.

You decided to stay after school to practice in the gym. Your best friend was there for a little, but then she had to go to her club meeting so it was just you practicing by yourself.

You began to get extremely aggressive and serving the ball over the net each and every time. After hitting the ball one final time, you heard someone slowly clapping behind you. You quickly turned around to see your best friend's brother. He has a light smirk on his face and he's walking closer.

"Good show, really." He taunts. You roll your eyes and go across the gym to get the ball.

"You're distracting me." You say, "Unless you're here to help me practice, go away."

He gets in the prior athletic stance and your eyes widen when you realize he really was here to help you practice.

Weird much?

You shake your head and serve the ball to him. He bumps it back to you and the cycle continues with added in sets and other random hits until you spike it over the net.

"You're pretty good." He says as he walks to the net. You do the same, watching as he grabs ahold of the ball.

"Well yeah, I've been doing this since, like, the day I was born." You say obviously. He chuckles steps closer to the net. "You don't have to be so feisty." He takes the ball and does sets while continuing.

"You should be nice to me, anyways. I'm your friend's brother."

"So?" I walk to his side of the court. "I have no obligation to be nice to you just because I'm friends with your sister and our parents know each other. Especially when you're one of the biggest jerks I've ever met."

He scoffs. "Y/n, you don't know me." You cross your arms. "Oh really?"

"Yes, really." He catches the ball after a final set and turns to you and walks closer. "You obviously don't know me well enough if you think I'm a jerk."

"I see the way you treat bsf/n, bsf/b! That's enough for me to notice-"

"Do you see the way she treats me on a daily basis?" You go silent, knowing he's going to continue. "And besides, if you're referring to me trying to protect her, I don't really think that's very jerky of me."

He sometimes acted like her parent. Someone had to, with their parents gone so much. He would always give her a curfew and make sure there's no bad guys where she's going or he would keep her home.

"I don't know what she tells you, but I do care about her. She's my sister. She gets mad at me sometimes for acting the way that I do, but I can't really do anything about that."

You begin to gain more of an understanding of him. You only hear bits and pieces of their arguments and never what it's truly about.

"Ok..." you find words to speak. "But that doesn't change the fact that you're a-"

"Player?" He finished. You're looking directly into his eyes now, noticing his casual features. "Yeah, don't believe everything you hear, munchie."

Munchie is the nickname he gave you a few years back because you would always tear up the snacks their parents bought you with 0 remorse.

He dropped the ball from under his arm and reaches for your hand, twirling you. He starts to dance with you. As if you're at a prom.

Hand on your waist, other in yours, with your other hand on his shoulder. You don't know what he's doing or why he's doing it but you don't ask questions.

"I haven't even dated anyone in the last 2 years." He says, not looking at you. You feel an odd moment of relief from hearing that, though you don't know why.

"I have had my eye on someone for a while though." He's looking at you now. Intensely.

He spins himself from your hand, spinning you right afterward. You twirl right into a dip. He leans down and kisses your chin. Your heart stops when you realize everything that is going on and every word he's saying.

He likes you?

"But," he lifts you from the dip, pulling you into his chest lightly, rocking you both back and forth. "I'll play her too, too hard." He fake pouts and mocks you. You try to pull yourself away but his hand is cradling you to stay.

You kind of like it here.

He kisses your head, then pulls your head away from his chest. His hands are on both sides of your face. He has a permanent grin, not too big of a smile but more sly. You don't even notice your arms wrapped around his torso. You're looking up at him, not even sure what expression you're showing but you're shook. You'd never expect him to feel this way about you.

"Just say the word, y/n." He breaks a silence. "Please, just say you want me and we'll make an effort to do something about it."

Your eyes travel to his chest in thought.

Of course you want him. You always have.

"I want you, bsf/b."

A genuine smile spread across his face and he leans down slowly, causing your noses to rub. You pull away slightly. "What about bsf/n? Will she be mad?"

He tilts his head with a knowing look. "She's been trying to get me to ask you out forever. Trust me, she'll be content."

This time, you smile. Largely. And blush, fluster, and do everything to hold back a muster of giggles from how nervous you are. You slowly lean back in and your lips connect like electricity. You felt a spark in your chest, enjoying the feeling.

He pulls back, with the same smile you saw just moments ago. Will you go out with me, munchie?"

"Did you seriously have to add the nickname?" You cringe.

"Yes, it's what I call you! I say that's plenty romantic."

You laugh and pull him into a hug.

"Yes, I will go out with you, h/n." His arms wrap around you. You feel like your heart could explode.

It already has.

——————————————————————-

It's so difficult to come up with an outro for these😭