Brother's Best Friend [Part 4]

~Y/N's POV~

He's on his way.

I had already told my brother about everything and he was surprisingly cool with it. I don't completely trust that h/n would actually tell b/n. I had to just in case.

While I got ready, I tried guessing where we were going. He says I shouldn't dress fancy and to dress like I'm trying to be comfortably fashionable.

I decided on wearing my laces crop top with my cripple-waisted pants. They weren't jeans but weren't sweats so they were perfect for this occasion. I assume.

I do my make-up casual as well, going with a more natural look. I add some under-eyeliner. The thought of trying to impress h/n never really crossed my mind. Not until I finished getting ready, at least.

He's the one who initiated this whole thing. Plus he's my brother's friend. Clearly there was already a fine line of impression.

I get a text and I watch my phone light up from a distance. I expect it to be my brother checking in, but it's h/n.

:you already told your brother?

Oh, I guess he was actually gonna tell him.

-yes, this morning. I didnt exactly trust that u would lol

:I take offense to that! I'm a very honest and reliable guy

-sure, aren't u supposed to be driving rn, Mr. Honest n reliable?

:red light :d

I laugh to myself and go downstairs to sit and wait. After a few minutes, there was a knock. An extremely light knock that I could have missed easily.

I get up, and look through the peep hole. It's him. He has his hair nicely styled and a leather jacket with a tight shirt and joggers. I notice his asset in his hands.

Flowers.

I feel butterflies in my stomach and open the door, already smiling at the gesture.

"You didn't have to, h/n." I gushed and took the flowers. He just smiled and shrugged.

"I wanted to though."

I make my way to the vase on the counter and do all the flower care stuff. He watches me until I'm done and when I am, he reaches his hand out. I look down at his hand then in his eyes. He has a sincere gaze, and I fall for it and insert my hand into his.

"You ready?" He asked. "You know we don't have to go. We can stay here and have the date here if you'd like."

My heart melts at his consideration. "Thanks, but I want to go. Of course I do, we've lead up to this all day and I'm curious what you have planned."

His smile widens and we begin to walk out the door. Once to the car, he opens the passenger seat for me. He never lets go of my hand until I'm seated.

Sweet.

He closes my door and rounds the front to hop in as well. We sit there in silence until he turns to me, causing me to reciprocate.