Prologue

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"She was poetry in a world that was still learning the alphabet

"She was poetry in a world that was still learning the alphabet."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

        "THIS IS stupid

        "THIS IS stupid. I feel stupid." I said to Rhys as he pulled me through the townhouse, the door closing behind us as a cool wind shattered the last semblance of warmth the house left behind. I wrapped my coat tightly around my shoulders, a motion that proved futile as Rhys's warmth enveloped me only moments later as he tugged me to him.

I grabbed his arms, pulling them around myself as we began walking. I felt Rhys grin at my side, grip tightening on me as we entered the vibrant and quiet city of Velaris. Sleeping in the wake of the night.

The stars above shone down on us as we made our way toward the empty streets. Glittering in the sky like bright shards of glass, shattered throughout our galaxy. The darkness between them was such an infinite void that it made me wonder what truly did dwell in those shadows, if anything at all.

The moon was cast in a shining crescent, hanging high in the sky and lording over the brightest of stars. It was such a force; a presence, the moon. Able to sway the tides and light up the night. A part of me had always related to it in a way...though that sounded beyond cheesy, it was true.

Like the moon, we must go through phases of emptiness to feel full again, through triumphs and losses we seek to fill the holes in our existence. We gravitate toward that of our desires, orbiting around it in some otherworldly pull as though the universe seeks to push us forward.

In a way, we are each the moon, surrounded by a sea of stars.

Rhys leaned down, his breath caressing my ear as he said, "It's not stupid." the soft patter of both of our shoes on the stony cobbles of the street echoed around us. The only sound this late at night.