Thirty-Two

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Broken girls blossom into warriors

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ASTRID MITCHELS STRODE alongside Danika, the two walking as they grumbled obscenities

ASTRID MITCHELS STRODE alongside Danika, the two walking as they grumbled obscenities. At her side, Danika rubbed at her temples furiously as she mumbled about being hungover as hell. Astrid echoed the sentiment.

Her head felt like a pound of bricks was inside it, pounding with a force she had yet to know in her twenty-one years of life.

The eleven of them had all retreated to a place called Rita's last night—Nesta and Elain opting to fly back up to the House and sleep rather than venture into the city. They had all drank themselves hoarse, all but the spymaster, Azriel, who had volunteered to be their sober sponsor and somehow was forced to take care of Danika and Rhys's new dog the entire life.

Astrid didn't think he minded, sitting in the corner petting the creature the entire night as his shadows curled around them. Actually, he'd looked quite content from what Astrid could remember through the fog of alcohol in her head.

She was almost positive she and Danika had gotten up on stage at one point and done one of the various dances they'd learned in their youth.

Astrid was only slightly mortified.

But damn if she hadn't felt the best she had in sixteen years.

The white haired female and her now strode through the murky red halls of the House to find Danika's eldest sister and Amren. To see which of them was still standing after their first lesson. Among other things.

Astrid had told Danika she was coming with her when she'd run into her friend not twenty minutes ago. Of course, she hadn't asked to go with the white haired female, she'd simply told her she was coming.

Astrid didn't exactly like asking for things. She was much more partial to telling.

And it helped that she now had a partner that shared her hungover pains.