Ten

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I do very bad things, and I do them very well

"I do very bad things, and I do them very well."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A SICK part of me was giddy. Excited. And oh, so pleased. Pleased because I had been waiting for this very moment. Pleased to have murder on my mind. It seemed ot be becoming a trend.

Lucien stood at my side as we walked through the halls of the manor and toward the meeting room. His mouth opened and closed every few moments, as though he was holding back a question, trying to form his words and tragically failing. I scarcely noticed, eyes trained on the hall and my feet urged me to move faster. To let my urgency shine. My skin was buzzing with such glee to finally see the third most wanted person on my kill list.

The King of Hybern

Stijin

Ianthe.

And though one and two instilled an anger within me knowing I couldn't kill them right away, I felt no such qualms with the third. The King of Hybern would live, she wasn't a major piece. It wouldn't jeopardize the plan. She could die and I wouldn't feel an inch of guilt.

Ianthe—someone I wouldn't hesitate to skin alive if I ever got the chance—was waiting for us, along with Tamlin after she was finally ready to meet with the three of us. What a terrible, terrible mistake.

It was like a gift. My last day in Spring Court and the gods decided to be merciful and let me kill Ianthe before I left for Hybern.

"So, you and Astrid..." Lucien's low voice drew me from my thoughts as he trailed off.

Breaking away from my delightfully violent thoughts, I looked to the red-haired troll with an arched brow, "Was that meant to be phrased as a question?" I asked.

His lips thinned, steps slowing slightly but not stopping completely, "I was just wondering if you two..."

My lips parted slightly. "Lucien, are you asking if Astrid and I slept together?"