Forty-One

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Knowledge is the single of power

"Knowledge is the single of power."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I WAS QUITE conflicted

I WAS QUITE conflicted. Spending the day with my eldest sister hadn't been something I'd thought I'd do—well—in a very long time.

My sister, it seemed, had found nothing in her books about repairing the wall—and since no one had yet shown her the library...I'd volunteered. Volunteered.

It wasn't as though, volunteering was outlandish. I just couldn't believe I'd done it. At all.

Especially since Lucien had left before breakfast for a library across the city to look up anything in regard to fixing the wall, a task I'd been more than willing to hand over. After I'd shown him the city, given him the whole tour and walk...he seemed eager. More than eager—he seemed to be itching to head into the city on his own.

I didn't blame him.

It was different. Good. And in my professional opinion, way damn better than the flower-overload of Spring Court.

I stood boredly within the dining room of the House of Wind, awaiting when Nesta might deign to show her presence. It was none past ten in the morning, and I was already craving an entire bottle of wine.

I loved my sister, I did, even when she was a raging bitch. But the idea of being exceedingly drunk was seeming more and more tempting right about now.

Footsteps echoed, and I looked up from where I'd been staring aimlessly at the dining room table, debating whether it would be a bad decision to ask the house for a bucket of liquor.

"Nessy." I greeted cheerily when my sister rounded the far corner. "You look chipper as always."

She looked stone-faced, and vehement.

"The library?" was all she said in turn.

I stalked over to her lazily, "Yes, hello. I'm doing well, thank you. How are you?"