Eleven

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"My eyelids are heavy, but my thoughts are heavier

"My eyelids are heavy, but my thoughts are heavier."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Eira

Eira

EIRA CESAIR had not slept without aid for 14 years.

5,475 days.

131,400 hours.

189,216,000 minutes.

At times, she believed it was the numbers that kept her sane. That the constant counting and recounting rewired her brain. Worked her mind so hard that it didn't shut down entirely from lack of rest.

She should have been dead. She should not have survived so long. Maybe it was the magic in her bones. Maybe it was the fact she was Fae.

Eira had long since given up trying to figure it out. Let the notion go so it could npt plague her thoughts as she lay awake in her bed.

Even so, she could not sleep. Eira had gone through these very motions too many times to count. Had gotten used to the fact she would never be able to sleep without proper medication. She had become reliant on it. How could she not? A relief from the pains of a life without sleep was a miracle in her mind. She would take whatever gift allowed her to succumb to sleep.

But now...now she did not have it. And she was beginning to feel it. Even after going through this very cycle so many times—becoming accustomed to the symptoms of sleep deprivation, it still rocked her off her axis. Made everything blurry and unfocused. Loud and noisy. Made her paranoid... She began to forget the simplest things, her feet seemed to detach from her body and trudge behind her. It happened each and every time.

She felt like she was going insane. She always did.

The lack of energy made her feel like she was being hit by a tidal wave over and over. She could not sleep. Could not do anything but sit and stare, trapped in her thoughts while the world moved and swayed around her.