Nineteen

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Dangerous but fun

"Dangerous but fun."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     "FATHER," THE ONE holding a knife to my pretty neck said to Lucien, "is rather put out that you didn't stop by to say hello

     "FATHER," THE ONE holding a knife to my pretty neck said to Lucien, "is rather put out that you didn't stop by to say hello."

    "We're on an errand and can't be delayed," Lucien answered smoothly, mastering himself quickly.

    My eyes found that of Astrid's, her gaze expectant just as Eira and Flynn's were. This was nothing out of the ordinary for us three, and I had no doubts each of us had been in a similar position with our lifetimes.

    We had been trained to get out of this very position.

    They were just waiting for my signal.

    The knife pressed a fraction further into my skin as he let out a humorless laugh, "Right. Rumor has it you five have run off together. What a sick little tryst." his grin widened, "I didn't think you had it in you, little brother."

    "He had it in them, it seems." one of the others sniggered. I nearly gagged at the insinuation.

    "Release us, you buffoons." I commanded, sliding my gaze to the one above me.

    "Our esteemed father wishes to see you most of all," he said with a snake's smile. The knife didn't waver. "So you will come with us to his home."

    "Eris," Lucien warned.

    The name clanged through me. Above me, mere inches away...Mor's former betrothed. The male who had abandoned her when he found her brutalized body on the border. The High Lord's Heir.

Pure rage clanged through me.

    I could have sworn iron nails bit into my palms.

    Eris merely said to me, cold and bored. "Get up." he failed to realize that was what I had been waiting for.