Nine

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"In a fight, they're lethal

"In a fight, they're lethal. Around each other, they melt."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

      THE FOUR of us sat in the dark and dust-coated walls of the passageways connecting our rooms

THE FOUR of us sat in the dark and dust-coated walls of the passageways connecting our rooms. Cobwebs coated our clothes where we sat on the ground, each of us needing to dust them away every five seconds.

    Everything was illuminated by soft, gilded candle light. A small pocket of light within the dark. Shoes scuffed every five seconds as each of our restlessness shone through—only interrupted by the incessant sound of Flynn's chips as he mixed them in the bowl and shoved them into his mouth religiously.

    "Yes, but that's boring." Said male spoke, stuffing more snacks into his mouth while waving us off with his other hand. "I've already got the portals figured out. Why should I have to get everyone out when I could blow them up?" he raised his brows, tilting his head, "Don't tell me you haven't thought about it. You've been to Pulimar. Everyone there sucks. Why should I warn them?"

    Astrid rolled her eyes, leaning her head back against the stone wall, "I don't know, Flynn," she drawled, "to save people?"

    "Dull." he mumbled, seemingly beginning to sort through his snacks to find the perfect one. He grinned as he held a chip up to the light, looking at it like it was some sort of divine wine as he plopped it into his mouth and moaned. His eyes shut in content as he chewed, "I love food. All kinds of food. All the food. Every type of food—"

    "If I had a coin for every time you've said that, I'd be damn rich." Astrid grumbled.

    "And I'd be sitting in the sky after I bought an air palace." I said wistfully before lifting a hand and pointing at my friend. "You. Stay focused."

    "Why?" Flynn said, mouth still full as he held the bowl to himself like he was protecting it. "And what's an 'air palace?'" he mocked, mimicking my voice.