Forty-Four

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"This ends in blood

"This ends in blood."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Eira

Eira

SEER.

The world clanged through the room like a bell chiming in a ruinous city. They were all silent, every single one of them. And Eira felt herself inching back toward the corner as if she might escape the pressing silence through her own nightmare filled darkness.

A moment later a stressed sound echoed through the room, and all eyes went to Feyre from where she stood beside Morrigan. "What—what did you say the King's sentinels were called?"

Danika answered, voice harder than Eira had heard it in a long while. "His Ravens."

"Oh, gods." Feyre croaked. "Elain—yesterday she said, 'Twin raven's are coming, one white and one black.'" the room reeled, everyone looking more edge than they already were. Eira wasn't sure if it was because they feared Elain's power, or because they were cursing themselves inside for not noticing.

Currently, Eira was too shocked to do much of anything.

    A seer.

      She'd never met one. Not one in all her travels. How rare Elain must be...

"You..." Danika trailed, her side firmly tucked to her mate's. "You were trying to warn us."

Elain turned to Morrigan, who was now gaping at the middle Archeron sister from her spot beside Feyre. "Is that what this is?" Elain questioned.

The urge to shift on her feet was palpable. So much so that Eira tucked her hands behind her back. She felt as though she was intruding. Terribly.

     Though they'd made her feel welcome—had given all of them anything they'd needed—she, Astrid, and Flynn had only been here for weeks now. Weeks while the others had been here for months, and years, and decades.