Eight

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I like to build dreams about you

"I like to build dreams about you."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

    I WAS dreaming

    I WAS dreaming. I was dreaming and I did not want to wake up.

Not as I felt his arms band around me, his midnight laugh echoing through my ears as I grinned. The soft sheets of our bed in the townhouse banding around me in a way that felt like they didn't want me to leave. Sun seeping through the window as if poured from the gods themselves.

Rhys's face burrowed into my neck, and again I laughed, my hand gripping the arm he held around me as he tightened his hold. "Cruel, beautiful thing." he whispered against my skin, I could feel the soft smirk on his lips.

The sound of his voice was like a symphony in my soul. A melody filling my veins and soothing my aching heart.

I sighed in content. The heat radiating from him thawing the cold that had encased my mind when I was awake. Would return when the dream melted away and I was thrust back into the depths of my thoughts.

I wished it was real. Wished more than anything that I was in Velaris listening to the birds chirp and music float through the streets.

But it was only a dream. A sick, beautiful nightmare.

I turned, flipping us as I straddled Rhys with a crooked grin. He smirked up at me and I leaned down, connecting our lips in a soft caress. The sort of kiss that had haunted me for days. The kiss I had missed so terribly that it felt like fireworks set off in my veins now.

"I miss you." I whispered against his lips. The words echoed in my chest. Their truth glittered in my veins. I could not say them aloud. Not when I wake and the day begins anew. Not when a mere whisper of a word could ruin all that we had in store.