Thirty-Nine

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Two broken souls scarred with the wounds from their demons, playing a dangerous game of trust and love

"Two broken souls scarred with the wounds from their demons, playing a dangerous game of trust and love."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RHYS WAS SULKING ON THE ROOF, and I let him

RHYS WAS SULKING ON THE ROOF, and I let him. I had gone up there all those months ago and comforted him, but not right now. Not when I was still so mad and we both were still reeling from the events that had taken place today.

No, right now my mate could sulk for as long as he wished. I was just going to snuggle with my dog until then.

Aster had been out in the garden, I'd learned, when he'd pounded back inside, fluffy tail wagging when I'd come down from the room. I'd picked the dog up, walking back into the living room-

Only to find Lucien sitting there looking entirely out of place.

I cringed. "Did they...forget you here?"

He looked embarassed. "Yeah."

"Thats..." I pet the dog. "I'm sorry."

Lucien just shrugged in repsonse, and went back to shuffling through the papers he'd been looking at before I'd come in. I sighed, rounding the furniture and plopping down in the seat across from him.

I rested my head against the embroidered back of the chair sighing exhasperatedly. "Long day?" Lucien asked, and I squinted an eye open as Aster settled down on my lap.

I grunted my response.

That metal eye tightened. "I thought the Prison was another myth."

I shrugged, "It's creepy is what it is." I crunched my nose. "And dusty. I had to throw away a perfectly good pair of boots because of that place."

He weighed my tone, and crossed his arms. He dropped the topic. "Astrid." he spoke carefully, whispering her name as if she'd jump out of the shadows and smite him for saying it...she might. "Will she...fight against Hybern?"