Twenty-Five

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I'll give you war

"I'll give you war."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

       THE FLIGHT TO Amren's loft was leisurely and calm

THE FLIGHT TO Amren's loft was leisurely and calm. And despite the fact of Rhys's soft teasing about the stories told dinner, I found myself utterly relaxed and laughing. I hadn't realized a part of me had been missing—shattered until I had found out my friends were alive. The people I had grown up with, shared memories with. It was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

People waved as Rhys and I flew over the rooftops of Velaris. And if it wasn't damn near the best sight I'd ever seen. My smile was not fake as I waved back to them—my people. Rhys held me a bit tighter as I did so, his own smile as bright as the sun on the Sidra.

Mor and Azriel were already waiting inside Amren's apartment, seated like scolded children on the threadbare divan against the wall while the dark haired female leafed through the pages of one of the many books splattered across her floor.

More spared me a beyond relieved look as we entered, looking so grateful Rhys and I may as well have brought her water in a dehydrated desert. Azriel stood, his own face revealing nothing as we entered. But it was the tiny ancient one who spoke, "You should kill Beron and his sons and set up the handsome Lord of Autumn, self-imposed exile or no. It will make life easier."

"Sounds like the plot of quite the entertaining book." I said, walking further into the apartment, and flattening myself on the floor beside her. "But I'm afraid little Lucy would be too busy fawning over my friend to tend to his Lordly duties." with a lazy shrug, I peaked over Amren's shoulder, trying to catch a glance at whatever she was reading. The female turned to me, sending a look of utter disdain in my direction before she returned to her reading. At least she hadn't killed me.

I knew I was her favorite.

"We'll take that into consideration." Rhys said, and I rolled my eyes at his insinuation.