Chapter Seventeen: Out of Control

[Hope Peter Madden]

Today the six of us were at the Youth Center. We were there to cheer Jason on, for the Martial Arts Expo.

"All right now, Jason. Remember." Zack said. "Think positive. Concentrate on your moves." He told him. "Yeah, focus your mind, as well as your body." Trini said. "Thanks guys, but, uh, looks like I'm gonna need all the help I can get." Jason said.

The six of us saw another guy, wearing a green tank top and bandana. "Man, that dude is pumped." Zack said. "Who is he?" He asked. "I don't know, but he's a new kid in school." Trini said. "He is really cute." Kim said. Trini, Kim and I look at each other, smiling.

"Good luck. I'm cheering for you." I told Jason. Jason looks at me and smiled. "Thanks." He said.

Soon the announcer announced the match to begin, Jason went up against the new kid who is Tommy Oliver.

Jason was in the lead with 2 points, whereas Tommy has 1 point. The two continue, and Tommy was now in the lead with 4 points, whereas Jason still has 2 points.

Jason was able to get another point, putting him with 3 points. The time was running out.

"Time's running out!" Zack shouted. "You can do it, Jason!" I shouted.

At the last second, Jason was able to gain another point. Putting both him and Tommy to tie points.

The final bells ring, and the judge declares that there are "now winners". The match ends in a draw. Jason and Tommy shook hands, and they went their separate ways.

Jason came back towards us, and we congratulate him.

"I didn't win." Jason said. We begin walking away. "Oh, come on, Jason. In karate, it's their dignity and spirit, in which you compete that's most important." Trini told him. "Yeah, like Trini said, it's about your dignity and spirit." I said.

"I know. Listen, I'm gonna catch a shower, and, uh, I'll meet you guys at the Juice Bar." Jason told us. "Sounds good." Zack said. 

Jason went towards the showers, while the rest of us went towards the Juice Bar.

ⒷⒺⒼⒾⓃⓃⒾⓃⒼⓈ

Jason and I are now walking down the sidewalk. The six of us left the Youth Center, and went back home.

Jason and I lived close to each other, and, so, we decided to walk together and talk about some stuff.

"So, uh, I heard your birthday's coming up." Jason said, the two of us walk side by side.

I laughed a bit. "Yeah. Another year gone." I said.

The both of us continue walking, but I stopped when I noticed something at the window of a thrift store. It was a ring, the shank was silver, the head was the shape of a butterfly, and there sees to be tiny gems on it, which I think is diamonds.

I seemed to be looking at it for a long time, and didn't notice the time passing.

"Hey, uh, Hope. You all right?" Jason asked.

"Huh? What?" I asked, blinking a bit, I turned my head towards Jason, and he was looking at me with worry.

"You were staring at that ring for a while." Jason said, nodding towards the ring.

"Yeah." I said, looking back at it.

"Do you like it?" Jason asked, curious.

I hummed and nodded. "There's just something about it, that I can't quite put my finger on it." I said. "It just seem so, mesmerizing to me."