Chapter Forty-Three: Reign of the Jellyfish

[Hope Peter Madden]

The seven of us were in class, Ms. Appleby opened up a large round time capsule.

I was wearing a brown jacket, white shirt, and beige pants.

"Okay, class. Today we're going to fill this time capsule with items, that reflects today's world." Ms. Appleby told the class. "A hundred years from now, when it's opened. It'll showcase our lifestyle to a future generation. I'm anxious to see what each of you has brought it." She said.

"Jason, why don't you start?" Ms. Appleby asked. "Sure." Jason said, he holds a trophy, and stood in front of the class. "This is the first trophy I won in a karate match." Jason said. "And it shows what you can do, when you believe in yourself, and when you take good care of your body." He explained.

"That's a good message for the future, Jason." Ms. Appleby said, and Jason puts the trophy into the time capsule. "Hope?" She called.

I stood up from my seat, and I was holding a microphone. "Good luck." Jason whispered, as we walked by. "Thanks." I whispered back, and winked at him. I went in front of the class, and held the microphone.

"Some of you may or may not remember this microphone." I said, showing the class the microphone. "This was the microphone I used, when we had our Talent Week. Back then, I didn't know what I wanted to do, for my talent. And I spent the whole day in my room thinking, but then my dad reminded me about my interest in singing." I said, remembering that time. "I wasn't really confident in my singing, 'cause it's been years. But all it took was a little push, and I did it. So, this trophy shows that, when you seemed lost and clueless, you need to believe in yourself and find a way out." I told the class.

"That's a lovely for the future, Hope." Ms. Appleby said, I placed the microphone into the time capsule, and went towards my seat. "Kimberly?" She called. I gave Kim a thumbs-up, as I walked by her.

I sat at my desk. "You were great." Jason told me. "Thanks." I thanked him, smiling.

Kim stood at the front of the class, she was holding some outfits. "Are these like so cool, or what? Okay." She said, and grabbed one of them. "These are the shirt we were wearing, you know that we had the freedom to make choices of our clothes and stuff." She said. "A sense of individual style." Ms. Appleby said. "Exactly." Kim said, pointing at Ms. Appleby. "Who knows, it might even start a whole new fashion trend in the future." She said, and puts the clothes in.

"Perhaps." Ms. Appleby said. Kim walked back towards her seat. Trini raised her hand. "Um, are you including anything in the time capsule, Ms. Appleby?" She asked. "As a matter of fact, I am." Ms. Appleby said. She a photo. "I contribute this photograph of the Power Rangers." She said, showing the class the photograph of the Power Rangers.

"They've risked their lives for our planet, so many times, that I wanted the future to remember these remarkable heroes." Ms. Appleby said, and place it into the time capsule.

Classes went on, as more and more students puts their item into the time capsule.

Zack with a CD, with what he calls "fat tunes".

Billy with a personal computer he designed, to show how advanced our technology was in this time.

Trini with a newspaper, so that people in the future could read about the events of the day.

Hugo went next. "I brought a picture me and my friend, back in Stone Canyon." He said, showing us the picture. He has two, one showing before he came to Angel Grove, and one when he visited them in Stone Canyon. "This shows that, no matter how far we are from each other, we'll still be friends no matter what." He said, and puts them into the time capsule.