Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Pig Surprise

[Hope Peter Madden]

Kim, Trini, Billy, Jason and I were in Angel Grove Park, as it was Pet Adoption Day.

I was wearing a white hoodie, and dark blue pants.

"Welcome to Angel Grove's annual Pet Adoption Day. Give a pet, a happy home." The announcer announced.

"Come on, little guy. Come here." Jason said, he carefully grabs a bunny out of its cage. "Here you go, big guy." He told the kid, and handed him the bunny. "Take good care of it." I reminded the kid, he gently holds the bunny and left.

Kim got a puppy adopted to a little girl. Billy and Trini got another puppy adopted to a family.

"If it keeps up like this, we'll find all the pets new owners, today." Jason said. "It's going to be great." I said. "I'm sure all of these adorable animals will land up in good homes." Trini said. "Affirmative, having a pet is a big responsibility." Billy said.

"Big responsibility. Big responsibility." A Parrot said, as it squawks. We looked towards the voice, and saw Hugo coming over with a parrot on his shoulder. "Hey, guys." Hugo greeted us. "Hey, Hugo." Trini greeted. "Who's that little guy?" She asked, seeing the parrot.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet my pet parrot, Crackers." Hugo introduced. "Say hi, Crackers." He told Crackers. Crackers squawked. "Hi, Crackers." He said. The six of us laughed. "Aw, he's cute." Kim said, petting Crackers a bit.

"So, how's Pet Adoption Day coming?" Hugo asked. "Well, as you can see, it's going great." I said, looking around the empty cages. "And if this keeps up, all the animals will have a new home." Jason said.

"How about you, Hugo?" Billy asked. "Would you like to adopt one?" He asked. Hugo laughed a bit. "Sorry, Billy. I already have Crackers, and he's a big responsibility." He told. "Thanks for the offer, though." He said. "No problem." Billy said, he can't seem to stop smiling.

"Perhaps I need my glasses examined, but, uh, if I'm not mistaken, there's..." Billy said, pointing at an old lady with her pig. "A lady, walking a pig." Kim said. "I see it too." She said. Trini and Hugo laughed a bit. "Well, you don't see that, everyday." I said.

The old lady brought the pig towards where we are. "Excuse me, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me." She said. "I need to find a nice family to adopt poor Norman." She said, looking at Norman the pig.

"Oh, he's so cute." Trini said. "Ugh." Kim said, she quickly covers her mouth. "Oh, please, won't somebody help me?" The old lady asked. "Of course, we will ma'am." Trini said. "We'll help you." I said. "We'll do everything we can, to find Norman a good home." Jason said. 

"Oh, thanks you. Thank you, so much." The old lady said, and handed Kim the leash that is holding Norman. And she left.

ⒷⒺⒼⒾⓃⓃⒾⓃⒼⓈ

After a while, we finished having all of the pets adopted into a new home.

"Well, that just about does it." Billy said. "Yeah." Hugo said, looking around.

"Hold it! Hold it!" Bulk shouted, as him and Skull came running towards us. "Nobody move." He said. "Yeah, we want a pet too." Skull said. "Something cool, something different, like us." Bulk said.

The six of us look at each other, quietly laughing. Norman came out from under the table. "Fellas, meet Norman." Billy introduced. "Here." Kim said, handing Bulk the leash.

Bulk and Skull were happy with their new pet pig, Norman.

ⒷⒺⒼⒾⓃⓃⒾⓃⒼⓈ