Chapter Thirty-Eight: Rita's Seed of Evil

[Hope Peter Madden]

The six of us were surrounding a table, with plants that we grew were on them. Mr. Caplan, along with Hugo were checking them.

I was wearing a beige flannel, white shirt, and brown pants.

Hugo was wearing a light blue shirt, and grey pants.

"Very nice work." Mr. Caplan said. "These saplings you've grown from the science project, look very healthy." He told us. Hugo hummed and nodded. "Judging from the color of the leaves, and the stem." He said, as he observed them. I'd say you did a great job." He said.

"You know, I think it's time for phase two." Mr. Caplan said. "Transplanting them to the park." He told us. "Cool." Zack said. "Soon they'll grow into trees, and provide the environment with oxygen and clean air." He said.

"And at the accelerated rate in which rainforests are being destroyed. Every tree planted counts." Billy said. "Billy's right, its practically deforestation now." Hugo said. "With the amount of trees in forests being cutdown everyday. It causes, including but not limited to, climate change, desertification, soil erosion, increased greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, etc." He said.

"Wow, keep me posted on your progress." Mr. Caplan told us. "Hugo, I'll be leaving the supervision to you, for now." He told him. "Yes, Mr. Caplan." Hugo said, and nodded. Mr. Caplan left the classroom.

"Nerds, nerds, so absurd, how did your garden grow?" Bulk questioned. "Yeah, how does it grow?" Skull questioned.

"With Billy's special fertilizer, it's gonna grow great." Jason said. "Yeah, it's gonna be amazing." I said. Billy was holding his jar of special fertilizer, while Hugo looks at it, amaze.

"Wanna make a bet?" Bulk asked. "This time, we got you geeks beat." He said, and snapped his fingers. "Show 'em, Skull." He said. Skull brought a covered cart towards them, and pulls the cover off, revealing small plants. "Now, these are baby trees. Not like the little toothpicks, you guys are growing." He said. "Yeah, toothpicks." Skull said.

Hugo went towards the front, and stood next to Kim. "Is it just me, or do those plants look odd?" He asked Kim. "I think you're right." Kim said.

The both of them went towards the plants, and Kim check the price tag. "100% baby plastic trees 1995." Kim read the price tag. "Yeah, you guys are really ahead of us. Not." She said.

The five of us laughed. "And besides that, fake trees like these, can be harmful to the environment." Hugo told them. Both him and Kim came back towards our table.

Bulk pushing the cart away, and looks at Skull angrily. "I thought I told you, to pull off the tags." He said. "I knew I forgot something." Skull said, nervously. Bulk tried to grab Skull, as he kept dodging.

Skull grabs another student who was painting, the student accidentally spills the bucket of paint onto Bulk. The seven of us laughed.

"That is the closest, that he's ever gonna get to having a green thumb." Zack said, and the seven of us laughed again.

ⒷⒺⒼⒾⓃⓃⒾⓃⒼⓈ

The seven of us are now at the Angel Grove Park, we brought our equipment and trees.

"Guys, this is the place, in the park, where we can plant trees." Jason told us. "Yeah, this could work." I said, looking around. "My special fertilizers, should enhance the growing process." Billy said. "Very impressive, Billy." Trini said. "All right, you guys. Let's find a spot, and do it. Over here." Kim said.

Jason, Billy, and Kim planted their trees on one side, while Zack, Trini and I planted on the other.

Trini and I playfully scoop up the dirt, and tossed it to Zack's spot. Zack looks at us, and we laughed. Hugo was looking at us work, while also observing Billy's special fertilizer.