Chapter 20: Captured

Somewhere in Japan

A few days after the League's attack

Y/N slowly opens his eyes to the sound of light flickering, the last thing he can remember is being dragged into a portal. He then quickly check his surrounding. He is in a small room, probably a basement. The room he's in is more like a cell, with a metal door and flickering lights to keep him company. He then notices several runes on the walls. He then gets up and tries to move only to realize that he's been handcuffed to a pipe on the wall.

Then the door suddenly swings open as Mordo enters the room with a bucket of water.

Mordo: Huh, guess I don't need the bucket after all.

He then splashes the water on Y/N, making his clothes soaked in water.

Y/N: You son of a-!

He then tried to cast a spell only for nothing to happen. He then saw that the runes started glowing.

Y/N: Huh?

Mordo: In a given space, only the magic user who cast them can use their magic.

Y/N: Shit! Wait... Why am I still alive anyway?

Mordo then places the bucket right in front of Y/N and sits down.

Mordo: You see, the League wants All Might out of the picture so I said to them "Hey, why won't we lure him in with one of UA's strongest students?" So we decided to plan to kidnap you.

Y/N: Wait... So the reason you keep me alive is for All Might to come here and let the League kill him?

Mordo: That's what I said genius. But... you didn't need to be in a good condition for him to find.

Meanwhile

UA High, Meeting Room

The teachers, Principal Nezu and Wong are discussing the current situation and about Mordo. 

Nezu: The attack at the training camp to prepare the students to face villains... We should be embarrassed by the irony of this. It was too naive of us to simply fear the revitalization of the villains. They have already started a war. A war to destroy the hero community.

Midnight: Even if we had known, I wonder if we could've avoided it. With all these developments, one after another... Ever since All Might, organized crime has been decimated

Present Mic: The point is, we all got too complacent, thinking we were on peaceful terms. We thought we had all the time to prepare for this.

Meanwhile, All Might is currently stressed out for his inability to help the students fight off the villains.

All Might: I am very angry at myself for my shameless behavior. While they were fighting for their lives... I was enjoying my bath time.

Wong: Are you serious? You were too busy showering to go help them?

Snipe: Having the sports festival right after an attack? We can't keep taking this position, as we've been doing up until now. The kidnapping of a student is UA's greatest failure. Along with Y/N, they've stolen the people's trust in us.

Nezu: The media is full of criticism toward UA right now.

He then shows them a newspaper of the attack and a tablet about Y/N's kidnapping.

Nezu: They probably targeted Y/N because of a man working with them. Karl Mordo.

Midnight: Who is this Mordo person anyway? I've never heard of him.