Two Become One

(A/N okay, so through my reading of many fanfics of Wenclair, I've noticed people don't tend to enjoy the more "werewolf" theme ones. This chapter is exactly thought. Because I started Wattpad reading years ago to read werewolf books only. So forewarning, here we go.)

Enid's Thoughts:

Enid awoke on the damp ground. She was confused at first but then remembered. Last night was the full moon.

What wasn't making sense then was why she was warm. Her mind was slowly piecing things together as the morning fog drifted away. It was once the fog was finally gone, she noticed the blanket layed over her. She hadn't brought a blanket outside with her, though.

She wasn't left in confusion for long, as her dark-haired friend appeared beside her. As she regularly did now.

"Are you going to lay there all day, or are you going to go eat breakfast before it is cold?" Wednesday asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice. Enid couldn't place why that might be.

"Wednesday, where did this blanket come from?" Enid asked, ignoring Wednesday's previous question. She did, however, stand up and wrap the blanket around herself.

"Normally, I wouldn't respond until you answer my previous question, but seeing as you've gotten up, you answered it. I brought a blanket out to you last night when you returned from whatever wolfish things you were howling about in the night. I got a little sleep. Thanks to you." Wednesday spoke harshly, but Enid ignored it. Too busy obsessing over the blanket being given to her.

She knew Wednesday cared. She just kept getting surprised by the showing of such things. The other issue was that she was growing fond of it. She never wanted Wednesday to stop showing her silent affections.

Enid almost laughed at herself. Clearly, this wasn't affection, right? Not Wednesday's type of affection, that is, she'd heard the stories of how Wednesday treated Pugsley and Thing! The girl showed affection in asphyxiation.

"Enid." Wednesday curtly bumped her side forward, motioning for her to walk inside. Enid brushed a bit. Clearly, she had gotten lost in her thoughts.

"Right, breakfast. Ya know, I really think I should change first." Enid said, and Wednesday nodded her agreement. They parted ways at the stairs as Enid went up them and Wednesday walked into the kitchen.

Enid's mind was buzzing as she entered her little guest room. The extra adrenaline from the moon was still coursing through her. She also felt an unknown presence constantly. Like another conscious was inside of her.

She knew that after her first wolf out each one after would only cause a stronger connection with the wolf inside of her, she just didn't really know what that meant.

On that dreaded night, the only thoughts she had were about saving Wednesday. She didn't even care if she wolfed out or anything. She was gonna fight either way. Although she was thankful she did wolf-out.

The next day, the only thing that had changed was her senses. Everything was heightened, and so far, adjusting to that had been a real hassle. She was finally coming to terms with it, though.

Now, I felt different. She felt herself growing stronger and more connected with her wolf. She just wasn't sure what that meant yet. That was until she heard it.

~~soooo, we gotta talk.~~

"Holy shit." Enid immediately whipped around. She ghecked the whole room, but nothing was there. Her heart was pounding because she definitely just heard something.

~~breathe, I get this is new for you. I'm in your head.~~

Okay, she was definitely going crazy now. She knew it was gonna happen eventually, but not this soon! Maybe it just had something to do with the mansion?