chapter 4

The next day, Xavier sat in his study working on the outlets of his ongoing project. It was past midnight and he couldn't sleep so the best option was to work obviously.

There is something at the back of his mind that keeps bugging him. He knows what that is but he can't help it.

It is something or probably the only thing that endangers his existence.

Plus his schedule for the upcoming week is so full, he barely has time to go home and have a proper meal.

___

Ailee was in her room savoring strawberries dipped in chocolate while reading her book. She was relieved that the party went well. Though she wasn't there for long she was happy that everyone else enjoyed it and along with their parents she and her siblings received so many gifts as well.

She went downstairs to look for someone who would get her new books from the store but found none. She has already ordered so many books online but they will take at least a week to get delivered.

After giving it a thorough thought she came to the conclusion that she will go by herself.

She was a little nervous because it has been a good month since she left her house at all.

She immediately got ready and settled in her car. "Ok let's do this Lily!" she encouraged herself and pulled out of the driveway.

She reached the store and started looking through the never ending sections of the books. It was the biggest bookstore in the whole city and had books of every genre.

Time passed by and she was still searching for some more books when she got a call "Hello?"

"Lilly, love where are you?"

"I'm at the city bookstore Papa."

"Ok take your time it's not like you stay out everyday. "

" Yes papa. Are you at home already? "

"Yes it's almost time for dinner you know"

She gasped hearing that and immediately checked the time and realized it was indeed time for dinner. God was she that engrossed in looking around that she spent 4 hours searching?

" I am sorry Papa, I forgot to inform the maids and lost track of time. I'll be there soon. Bye love you."

" It's ok sweetie, bye drive safely"

" Yes papa"

She hung up and started walking towards the counter.

She looked down and saw a stack of books in her arms that it was getting harder every passing minute for her to hold onto them.

After a very awkward check out she finally managed to take the books to the car with the help of the security guard. She thanked him and left for her house.

When she reached home everyone was already seated at their places and waiting for her. She quickly washed her hands and joined them.

"So Lils, how was your little trip to the outside world?" Alex started.

"It was much better than I expected. I'd say good even. " She smiled and nodded happily.

" I'm so proud of you baby" said her mama from across the table.

___

After dinner, all the siblings were sitting together in the garden and drinking coffee except Ailee who was drinking hot chocolate.

Iris suddenly asked "Alex, are you and dad acquainted with Romano DeVinci?"

"Yes we recently started working together."