chapter 17

Ailee yawned loudly, stretching her limbs like a cat and slowly opened her eyes.

She looked around, still very much asleep and after 15 minutes she finally processed what's happening.

She jolted awake and frantically looked around for her phone. Finding the device she quickly checked the time to see it was 8 in the morning.

"Oh my choco lava cake!" she quickly wore her sliders and waddled her way to Xavier.

She looked through the hallways and found no one. She was worried. What if someone notices her absence at her house?

Just then she called Xavier.

"Coco you're up" came his voice first.

"Yes. Goodmorning Xavier, where are you?" she asked, biting her lip nervously.

"Morning. Wait there I'm coming." he said but didn't hang up.

She turned around and went back to the room she woke up in.

In 2 minutes Xavier was knocking at her door.

"Come in," she replied, sitting on the bed.

"How did you sleep?" he asked from the doorstep.

" Good thank you." she said and stood up.

" Xavier, I got to go now. No one knows I am here."

" Hmm alright I'll take you home but you should freshen up first then we'll have breakfast and then we'll leave for your house." he said, ushering her inside the bathroom.

" But-"

" No buts Coco we both know they will be on their way to office by now." he said strictly.

"That is right," she said timidly.

"I'll be down in the kitchen" he said and left.

Ailee brushed her teeth and washed her face in record time and sprinted to the kitchen.

He was putting the last glass on the table when she entered.

"C'mon eat quickly" he called her.

She nodded and sat down beside him.

She poured chocolate syrup on her pancakes a little too much and smiled sheepishly at Xavier.

He shook his head already used to her obsession with chocolates and began eating.

___

Ailee looked out of the window fidgeting with her bracelet and continuously moving her leg up and down.

"Coco" he said in a serious tone, putting his hand on her knee to make it stop bouncing and she did at once.

"hmm?" she replied, turning to him.

"You said you don't join them for breakfast and always sleep in then what's wrong now?" he said, glancing at her.

" I don't know, maybe because that won't be the reason this time so I'm just a little scared?" she said.

"Nothing will happen," he said and got out to open her door.

"Thank you" she whispered while coming out.

She looked so cute in that teddy bear night suit and unkempt hair and a pout on her face, he felt like squishing her in a tight hug.

"Bye byeee" she said waving her hand and ran inside.

He drove off to his office in a better mood.

___

Ailee was tip toeing to her room when
"Where are you coming from?" asked Mila coming from her room, blowing her nose in the tissue.

She jumped in fright and turned around so quickly that she was surprised her neck wasn't whiplashed.

"huh?"

"I asked, where are you coming from?" she repeated. Now a slow smirk forming on her lips.

"I-I was out." she replied trying to sound smooth but well we all know it sounded anything but that.

"Mhmm I can see that but the point is where would you go looking like that unless........" she looked at her up and down and left her sentence hanging in the air suggestively.

Ailee tilted her head in confusion waiting for her to complete her words.

Mila sighed and said flatly "Unless you slept somewhere else Ailee, was that so hard to understand?"

Her eyes widened comically and face reddened.
How does she know?

"No-I uh -what me- It was not-" she fumbled helplessly for words, failing miserably to form a proper sentence.

Whereas Mila was half amused and half shocked.
Her sister, the very same sister who does not even go anywhere, was sneaking out to meet up with her boyfriend? Heck she has a boyfriend!?

"Who was he?" she asked Ailee, raising her eyebrow and smiling mischievously.

"N-no one" saying that she ran from there like she was being chased by the zombies.

"I will find out!" yelled Mila laughing loudly knowing she was not going to interfere and respect her privacy. She will tell everyone whenever she will be comfortable enough. But she was happy that Ailee was coming out of her shell and living life.

___

Ailee buried her face in the pillows and screamed
"Oh no oh no oh no!!!!"
She kept kicking her legs and mumbling things to herself.

"What am I gonna doooo?" she said sitting up and looking around trying to find something that'll keep her mind distracted from overthinking.

She took her art supplies to the balcony and started painting the scenery in front of her, momentarily forgetting the events that took place not too long ago.

After three hours she was famished.
"Should I go or should I not?" she kept chanting standing next to her bed looking at the door knob intently.

"Ughhhh" she ran her hands through her hair frustratingly and went out stomping her feet.

Reaching the hallway she enabled her spy mode on and glued her body to the wall.

She was so not ready to face Mila after running from the confrontation like her butt was on fire.

She was frantically looking around and taking baby steps towards the end of the corridor. Finding no one around she ran like never before and didn't stop until she reached the door of the kitchen, panting heavily she peeked through the door and sighed in relief.

She quickly made herself some PB&J sandwiches and carried as many packets of chips her little hands could afford to carry, to her room, this time just running and looking nowhere.

Sighing in exhaustion after a year's worth of workout she plopped down on her bed setting her laptop in front of her to watch Netflix and you know, just chill.

___

Dinner time came faster than her exam dates but only this time she was mentally prepared.

She thought about it carefully and realized that there is nothing to fret over.
She will not bring up the topic herself but if Mila does, she will just tell her the truth.
Hmm sounds like a plan.

She went down, greeted everyone, sat in her place and started eating. Never once locking eyes with a certain someone even though she could clearly feel her staring at her all through the dinner.

As soon as she gulped the last bite of the chocolate pastry she excused herself and fled to her room.

After her night routine she lied down and slept not before replaying everything that had happened today and what she could've done to avoid it.

➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷

We are almost there now don't you worry👀

11k😭🤲🏻

Thank you! ❣️