chapter 52

Everything was neat and in its place but he was shocked to see that Ailee was nowhere around.

He ran to the closet but failed to find her there too. Then he knocked on the bathroom and when he got no response he entered but it was empty as well.

He stood there for a second, dumbfounded.

There were knocks on her door again.

"Romano? Ailee? Can we come in too?" Mr Laurent asked from the outside.

He walked over to the door and opened it, everyone rushed past him but frowned soon when they realized her absence.

"She must be in the bathroom" Alex murmured.

"She is not," Xavier said and faced him with his regular stoic face.

Everyone gasped and looked at each other in horror.

"Are you sure she never left the room?" He asked Alex.

" What do you-" he said and searched for her around the room himself.

He halted in his steps near the bed and slowly shook his head.

Juliana gasped, putting a hand over her mouth and fell on the chair behind her. The girls immediately rushed to their mother for support.

"Where- where's my baby, Calvin?" She sobbed.

" She must be in so much pain, my poor little girl. Why does she have to go through so much pain when she never hurt anyone" she cried in the arms of Mila who was trying her best to calm her down.

"Alex, show me the footage of the house" Xavier said, snapping out of his thoughts.

He nodded and led him out.

He played multiple angles and locations all together and found her at once, doing something unexpected.

She climbed down through the window and was crying. She even had a nasty fall.

Both of their hearts pained looking at her miserable condition. It was shocking to know she did something so reckless like that. What if she got seriously hurt?

They switched the cameras as per her direction and they came to know that she was still in the estate.

They stood up together,
"You go to her, I'll tell mom. She is worried sick" he said and ran up.

Xavier sighed and walked to the pool house that was a little far from the house.

He was thinking what he could do to cheer her up. If it were up to him, he'd take all her pain away.

The grass was wet with the fog, winds were blowing in the opposite direction of where he was going and the clouds were dark gray. It looked like it was going to rain heavily very soon.

He gently opened the door and slowly walked inside, half expecting her to be curled up on the floor and crying. He had seen her doing that once before and he'd hate to see her again in the same condition. Once was enough of a torture for him.

But she was not in the lounge area so he checked the first door he saw on the right side of the main door.

She was nowhere to be seen there as well so he turned around, about to leave when he saw a rabbit slipper peeking from behind the bed.

Confused, he took a step towards it and stopped.

Ailee was indeed curled up in a ball on the floor with a pillow between her arms and legs and was wrapped in a blanket.

He moved closer and crouched down near her petite form. Her face was stained with dried tears, her hair looked like she was in a fight, her mouth was open like a fish and she was slightly shivering.