chapter 28

He rushed down and threw open the doors leading to his garden and was stunned.

"I'm okay. I'm okay" she said, getting up while dusting herself off.

But what was more shocking to him was the figure next to her.

A fucking puppy. Wagging its fucking tail with its fucking tongue out.

He unconsciously reached out to his little girlfriend to check if she hurt herself or not.

"I didn't hurt myself because I fell on your lush-and green grass. See no bruises. It just leapt out on me." She twirled around.

He turned towards the puppy and scowled.

" What the fuck is this thing doing here?" he said in dismay.

" Hey! Don't address him like that. He's so cute and lovely and precious and sweet and soooo adorable." she said, cooing uncontrollably.

" And do you have any more adjectives left?" he asked, baffled by her admiration for the furry creature.

" Yeah he's so fluffy and soft and-"

" God woman, it was a rhetorical question."

" I'm keeping him. IF he doesn't have a family already." She said, murmuring the last part.

" Why would you want to keep it?"

" Why wouldn't I? I just said he's so cute and-"

" Ok" he said, running a hand down his face.

She beamed at him and then crouched down to stroke his brown fur.

He purred.

And she went "Awwwwww"

"Zai, look look look he loves me already. Isn't he adorable." she said, pulling his trousers a little to get his attention.

But his attention was already stolen by a certain long haired beauty. Far more beautiful than a furry creature.

"Zai?" she tapped his belly thrice.

"Yeah?"

"I said can we go and check if there's been any missing report for him tomorrow?"

" Mhmm sure. Now let's give him a bath because we don't know where he has been or where he has come from and I am not letting him roam around my house like that. He even looks like a disease." He whispered the last part glaring at the dog.

" Yes yes"

They took him inside and into the bathroom that was downstairs.

"He is a Cockapoo." he said holding the pull out faucet while she gently shampooed him.

" Oh? Never heard of it."

" It's a crossbreed bred from a Cocker Spaniel and a Poodle."

" Ohhhhhh no wonder it resembles a Poodle so much. I thought that was his breed."

" It's okay," he replied, stroking her head from his other hand.

They dried him off and Ailee took him out in her arms.

Xavier was definitely not jealous of a couple of months old puppy.

He followed her up into his room where she laid him down on his bed and finally turned to look at him.

"I'm going to shower now. Will you look after him for me please? "

How could he say no to that face?

He simply nodded while Ailee jumped on him and peppered kisses all over his face and neck.

"Thank you. You're the best, you know that?"