chapter 18

It's been a week since that incident and thankfully Mila hasn't confronted her about it yet.

She told Xavier about it during their face time and he chuckled. He found her blabbering very endearing.

___

Today she is going to his office to deliver the cake she specially made for him as it was decided.

Upon reaching there she approached the receptionist and asked her where the waiting room was.

"Whom do you wish to meet ma'am?" she asked politely.

"A friend of mine works here, he asked me to wait for him in the waiting lounge." she replied softly.

" Ok ma'am. Please go straight and turn left" she informed and got back to her work.

Ailee turned around and was about to walk away when she heard her name being called
" Coco?"

She turned around to look at him and beamed.

"Xavier" she said, moving towards him.

The receptionist gasped in horror and her eyes widened hearing her addressing him by his first name that was prohibited to say out loud.

'Sir was the friend she was talking about?' thought the receptionist.

"I got your treat with me," she said, showing him the baby pink box. Nodding he took a hold of her tiny hand leading them to his office.

Everybody who witnessed them walking hand in hand was thunderstruck.

He was never seen with a woman nor were there any dating rumors about him, then who could this little girl be?

Ailee used his back as a shield as much as she could and this didn't go unnoticed by Xavier.

He quickly entered the private elevator and looked at her making sure she was alright.

He cupped her face looking for any sign of discomfort.

"I'm fine Zai really" she said putting her hands on his and giggling lightly.

He noticed the nickname but didn't comment on it. He liked it. His first ever term of endearment given by someone he cherishes.

They got out of the elevator and went to his office.

"Wow, your office is beautiful and huge." she said looking around.

"Thank you" he said sitting on the sofa and opening the box which had his dessert.

"hmmmm" he moaned in delight.

"You're making this everyday for me," he said, taking bites after bites.

Ailee laughed nodding her head knowing all too well that she won't make it daily but whenever he wants.

She then joined him too and they both ate in comfortable silence.

___

An hour later, Ailee was standing near the floor to ceiling window looking at the outside view. Her face glowing softly under the light orangish sunlight, a small smile gracing her lips.

"Beautiful" Xavier whispered and snapped out of his thoughts.

In that moment he realized that she wasn't just a friend to him but he has fallen hard for her somewhere amidst their cozy interactions.

He don't know if it was, when he saw her sitting on the swing or when they went to the beach together or when she hugged him for the first time or when she watched the movie with him, it feels like as if it was always there but it was dormant waiting for the right time to arrive.