chapter 42

Ailee was waiting for the elevator, humming along to some songs with a soft smile and suddenly thought of wearing a shrug when she felt the cold gust of wind from the balcony prick her skin. So she went back while talking to Xavier on the phone.

She hung up and opened the door to her room once again and while she was shutting it, a force was applied from outside causing her to stumble back. Her body wasn't prepared for the unexpected pressure as she was holding it gently when someone forced their way inside.

"You're with Romano?" He yelled.

Her eyes widened when her brain processed the man standing before her with his face red in anger and his eyes cold and hard, pinning her to where she was. Her heart palpitated against her ribs and she could feel the room closing in on her.

" I asked you something. ANSWER ME!" He looked dangerous, like he could do anything if she disobeys him.

She covered her face with her hands and her body shook with uncontrollable sobs. Her mind was hazy. There was no way to escape apart from the door which he was guarding himself. She frantically looked around the room in hopes of finding anything that could serve as a weapon for her defense but her mind wasn't cooperating well.

"L-leave..... please" she said in between her sobs and took baby steps towards the back, so discreetly, it was barely noticeable.

"So you are." He scoffed and took her ignorance to the question as a yes.

"Well I thought I'll take you out and might even date you but you've been whoring around already. For someone who appears to be so shy and reserved you're quite a slut, I'm surprised" he seethed and took predatory steps towards her. He felt his ego shatter because all this time he was under the impression that she was single and he would stake a claim on her before anyone else.

She shook her head hysterically and coughed when her lungs failed to fill in sufficient oxygen. She could see him doing bad things to her soon and her mind kept imagining the worst scenarios. No matter how hard she tried to calm down and think rationally, she couldn't.

"I found you so different and that fucking shyness you display, I fucking loved that but I guess I'm not the only one who had the same thought" he said with a crazy look in his eyes like he was in great pain and was straining himself.

"The first time I saw you wasn't at the dinner, babygirl" he tried to touch her cheek but she flinched and moved back.

She tried to think hard for when he could've seen her, she barely goes out for God's sake.

"I know what's running through your pretty little head but don't stress my love I'll tell you. Remember a year ago when you bumped into me while running to your brother?" He laughed.

She shook her head when nothing came to her mind. How could she know what he's talking about with just that much of a hint.
Her hands checked for her phone in her gown pocket and a tiny wave of relief passed her heart knowing there's some hope when she felt the cool device against her skin. She just needs to buy some time and a perfect moment to fool him.

"It was his birthday and you were in the Love is Love Restro, downtown, wearing a pastel pink dress and sneakers, walking happily to him unaware of how I was looking at you so shamelessly when in your haste you bumped into me but kept running with an apology. I remember it like it was yesterday" he said with a smile that was genuine but it still creeped her out.

They were near the bathroom and when he looked down to run a hand through his hair, she ran to the bathroom to lock herself in. Her hands shook uncontrollably while fumbling with the door lock and though it was just a few seconds, she heard his raging footsteps and yells in a slow motion, that felt longer than a movie and started turning the door knob aggressively and she could hear the squeaks coming from it before he finally threw open the door and glared at her.