chapter 51

Luka leaned back on his chair in the cafe and looked at Xavier.

"If you're here then why bother to call me here as well" he whined like always.

And just like every time, Xavier didn't bother to respond and continued sipping on his coffee.

He was not happy to be here either. He had to drop Ailee home this morning after their cozy four days vacay in his home. She didn't want him to go and only he knows how hard it was to not cave in for those glossy eyes and a cute little pout. She even stood guard in front of his car but he just picked her up and put her aside.

Oh what drama it was so early in the morning.

Enzo kept reporting the status of their mission every few minutes and by the looks of it everything was going as per their plan. Today was the most awaited day. The day when the person who's been meddling in his business will be revealed, B. R.

"Go now, Luka," he said.

"Urghh I just wanted a good breakfast" he mumbled but left his waffles there on the table and walked out. He knows when he needs to be serious and being tardy on missions is something he doesn't tolerate. He isn't the best at his job for nothing.

Xavier sighed deeply and looked at his watch.
He left the money on the table and walked out with a few people after him. He'd rather do work than waste his precious time at some cafe.

___

"Sir, Green Street is the right address, it's confirmed" Enzo's voice came through the earpiece.

Xavier stopped scrolling through his computer and leaned back on his chair. He looked at the ceiling and sighed.

" Fucking finally" he muttered, standing up, and typing something on his phone.

He walked out of his office and was joined by a group of fifteen guards, all armed and ready to protect their employer from harm's way.

Outside the building, cars were lined up for him and his men to take them to their destination. He sat in the third one with two armed guards and the rest followed.

He made a call to Luka and Enzo on the way and hummed at their status response.

The place they were going to wasn't too far, it was a less populated area of the city.

The cars in front of him stopped first and took their position when he got out and met up with Enzo who was incharge of this operation.

"Sir, I have another piece of information," he said without blinking. He was always like that, quiet and closed off. The only time he speaks to a person more than a sentence is when he is reporting to Xavier.

"What is it?" He asked, giving him his full attention.

"The anonymous person who made a deal with Mr Enzo to score the coast side land from you four months ago, is the same person we are expecting today."

A look of surprise crossed his face at this new intel but it was gone in a blink.

"Hmm, so it is indeed someone with a personal motive to fuck me up" he said.

"Seems like it, yes," Enzo replied and finished his fruit juice before sliding the cup aside.

"I have a spot prepared for you, you'll be able to have a clear view of the entrance. The cameras are already installed, everyone's set in their undercover roles, all the blind spots are covered too. Everything is as per the plan, sir"

" Hmm it won't satisfy me until it's over- successfully over" he replied.

" Sure, sir," Enzo said, before getting up and leaving the cafe.