chapter 56

When he dropped to the ground Ailee embraced him in a tight hug with her eyes wide and trembling, looking at their surroundings.

“Zai! Xavier!" She tapped on his cheeks to bring him to focus on her but his eyes were fixated ahead.

She hastily looked behind her but found nothing that could make him like this.

She started crying loudly, unable to think of something that would help him. He has always been there to help her but now when he needs help, she doesn't know what to do.

“Are you hurt? Xavier please say something" she pleaded. She checked him for any injuries or bullet wounds but he seemed okay. He wasn't shot, he wasn't stabbed then what went wrong?

He was breathing fast and lifted his finger towards the front.

“Mama" he mumbled in a daze and Ailee froze.

She turned around at the speed of light and saw people still fighting but she was able to identify his mother.

A guard held the door open for her while she stood outside watching him with a smile. She never broke eye contact with him and mouthed ‘See you soon, Son’ before finally sitting inside and leaving the place amidst all the crazy shooting going on.

His head was safely placed on her chest while she continuously rubbed his arm from one hand and the side of his face from the other.

His guards had securely covered them by standing in a circle around them to make sure no harm came to them.

She kept sobbing and praying for everything to get better. Luka broke through the barrier and joined them on the ground.

“Hey! Romano! Come back to your senses!" He shouted while slapping him lightly on his cheek.

He closed his eyes and hid his face in the crook of her neck and she continued to comfort him through soft pats on the back.

A minute later he pulled back with his eyes bloodshot red and stood up slowly then helped her up as well.

“ Any casualties?” He asked Luka in a strong voice as if he was not sitting on the ground- numb, just a moment ago.

“A few are injured but nothing more than that" He replied, shaking his head.

" Okay, make a list of all the people that got hurt and compensate them. Take care of everything else too, I'm going home”

He said and turned around taking her with him too.

" Also take her sisters to the hospital” he said, stopping for a second again.

After that he didn't say a word and Ailee didn't know what she could say to him in this condition. She was so confused herself that she can't even comprehend what hell HE must be going through.

No words came to her mind. All she could do was stay by his side and help him however possible.
If it were her in his place then he surely would have come up with some ways to comfort her.

She instructed the driver to take them home and the painful ride began. He kept looking out like a corpse and it hurt her to no extent.

She suppressed her cries by putting her palm on her mouth firmly but one glance at his face and her hand would tremble.

“Zai" she softly called out to him and he hummed. At least he was conscious.

She brought their intertwined hands to her mouth and kissed each of his knuckles.

He was so brave. A mere video made her lock herself and push away her loved ones but he stood bravely in front of his team, instructed them and showed concern for the people who got hurt and even her sister whom he noticed was injured in such a short time.